PDA

View Full Version : carb troubles?

m0t0xk1d
07-30-2009, 10:29 AM
ok so i was at the track yesterday and i went over a jump and then my throttle wouold go like past 1/4 throttle it waslike it was jammed i punched it and it moved and it cept on doing this through out the day what could cuase this?

also when ever i went over whoops its seems it would start to bogg out a little(yes i was in the right gear) what could cuase this and what do i do

i have a 400ex carb and highly built motor

born2ride14
07-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Bogging- Jetting

Sticking- inspect the cable abd throttle housing take the slide out clean it, or better yet clean the whole carb, that may get rid of your bogging if it ran good with that jetting before.

m0t0xk1d
07-30-2009, 11:56 AM
yea its not the jetting the plug came out perfect but ill check that out

dakota
10-29-2009, 07:49 PM
mines doin the same thing with the sticking ive took it all apart and not sure wat it is did u ever figure out and in mine theres a pice brooke

XBLASTERRACERX
10-29-2009, 09:52 PM
I had the same problem it is when you have the gas tank on it kinks the throttle cable and causes it to stick open or cloesed and if it got stuck open thet could cause you to bog. I ended up getting an fcr carb but the way to fix it is to drain the gas and make a dent in the gas tank above the carburetor.

dakota
10-30-2009, 05:56 AM
ok the 4 wheller has a 400ex carb on it and i told every one that the tank is what was doin it cause it keep kinking thanks but im still goin buy a new 400ex carb but illdo that to tank thanks

m0t0xk1d
10-30-2009, 07:17 AM
my the bogging was fixed. still dont know how but it just stopped. never did anythin cept the main jet in it. i run a 172 main. but thats with a built motor and like pipe, filter 400 carb, porting, cam high comp piiston. the stuck throttle went any by spraying the ***** out of the carb springs with carb clean. take the plastic off and give all the springs a good spray and also spray the throttle springs and the slide. hasnt done it since