PDA

View Full Version : White Plastics and Stains?

HondaFamily
07-29-2009, 08:12 PM
My ex is in need of some new plastics. I have been thinking of changing colors and really like how white looks. The thing I am concerned about is that I ride quite often in southern Missouri in their red/orange mud. Does anyone know if white plastics stain in this kind of dirt. I know it is terrible on my clothes and gear. Just thought someone from Missouri/Arkansas area might have some experience, Thanks.

beck125
07-29-2009, 08:27 PM
I don't live there, but my friends bought a dirtbike with white fenders. The orange wont even powerwash out, we tryed everything.

HondaFamily
07-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Thats what I was afraid of hearing :(

born2ride14
07-29-2009, 08:54 PM
magic eraser

Snipe
07-29-2009, 08:56 PM
You wouldnt happen to live in springfield IL would you?

I live in southern missouri I have a white and black and the fenders have faded to a dirt look from riding where my legs rub. That is really the only spot that stays that way. Im sure some good cleaner will take it out.

I want to black it out but going black out my way is costly vs if you owned the red and black. The black wings cost nothing the rear and front fenders are pretty damn pricy lol.

HondaFamily
07-29-2009, 09:33 PM
No I live just south east of St Louis. I ride in caulfield MO. Due south of Rolla near the Arkansas border.

I currently have the factory yellow set up. but years of trail riding has given it a beating. I know i am lookin at some cash to do the whole thing but the black pieces in front of the seat are the only things that are not cracked or scratched badly.

All black looks amazing, but i am afraid of getting that too because i love tight trails and often brush against branches and stuff so i would kill black in no time.

aDviSol2y
07-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by HondaFamily
No I live just south east of St Louis. I ride in caulfield MO. Due south of Rolla near the Arkansas border.

I currently have the factory yellow set up. but years of trail riding has given it a beating. I know i am lookin at some cash to do the whole thing but the black pieces in front of the seat are the only things that are not cracked or scratched badly.

All black looks amazing, but i am afraid of getting that too because i love tight trails and often brush against branches and stuff so i would kill black in no time.

Stay with yellow, it fades as you know but it fades to a better yellow I think any way. Every other color I have ever seen besides gray, will stain or fade and look bad after time.

HondaFamily
07-29-2009, 09:44 PM
havent crossed it off the list. its one of those things, if your lookin at spendin that kind of money you almost want something different. I hated the yellow when I first got it but it did grow on me especially after my brother got a red one.

sab24711
07-30-2009, 01:35 AM
i have yellow now and want to change to white. i like the clean look almost fresh looking. just put those guards are pads there so it doesn't fade something sticky might be the same color maybe black but hey i think that looks better than shadows from dirt or dull spot. i am looking for one now, sure to find something:D

sab24711
07-30-2009, 01:47 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=245469&perpage=13&highlight=pads&pagenumber=2

im game for white plastics now

Snipe
07-30-2009, 10:25 AM
I know where you ride, I have a membership there as well. I sold my rear tires to a guy a in IL that is suppose to pick them up on his way there this weekend. Thought maybe ya were the same ppl.

I love white and black plastics but white just takes some more addressing to keep white.

81-Honda-04
07-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Are you guys talking about finger lakes MO? ive been there once before and didnt like it. i prefer ST. Joe

Snipe
07-30-2009, 02:42 PM
No its cloud nine ranch in caulfield missouri. Well techinacly its on the other side of caulfield missouri.

Its a pretty huge place to ride.

Snipe
07-30-2009, 02:43 PM
There is also chadwick missouri called cleverly enough chadwick state park its about 30miles south by south east of springfield.

HondaFamily
07-30-2009, 08:55 PM
No, Snipe, thats not me. But yeah i have been a member for seven years and can still find places I have not been. Especially if you can befriend some older guys to show ya around. It is nothing like st. joe, I like it much more but i am more into rock/hill climbs than runnin wide open 5th gear and stuff like that. never been to chadwick though.