PDA

View Full Version : White Plastics

HondaFamily
07-29-2009, 07:49 PM
I have a 400ex that is in need of some new plastics. I have been thinking of changing colors and really like how white looks. The thing I am concerned about is that I ride quite often in southern Missouri in their red/orange mud. Does anyone know if white plastics stain in this kind of dirt. I know it is terrible on my clothes and gear. Just thought someone from Missouri/Arkansas area might have some experience, Thanks.

sab24711
07-31-2009, 01:02 PM
im going to the white side also (white power) i just like to look. there are ways of getting your plastics back to color once you have marked them up.just do a search there are a few threads aboot this topic

Scro
07-31-2009, 01:36 PM
Simple Green, and an SOS pad with soap. They will be good as new, even after riding in red clay.

ricksmx865
07-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Simple Green, and an SOS pad with soap. They will be good as new, even after riding in red clay.

agreed

I buy the gallon bottles of Simple green and keep it in one of those gallon weed spayer deals you find at lowes. I was amazed ah how clean the plastics got with Simple green and a MR. Clean magic rub eraser