PDA

View Full Version : Techy enough or more?

Pappy
07-29-2009, 07:32 PM
With my race schedule slowing for teh summer, I wanted to get back onto some articles. Most folks wanted more advanced tech type articles so we have been heading in that direction.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=405164

I didnt want to get ultra techy but would like your opinion so that we can make future articles better

pro-rider46
07-29-2009, 07:58 PM
nice write up. i really think that those techy articles will deffinatly be helpful.

Scro
07-29-2009, 07:59 PM
I think more technical stuff is a good thing. Most everyone with slight mechanical knowledge can figure out how to change a tire, replace a tie rod, or replace bearings. It's things that have to do with the internals of the motor, that I think, most people are afraid of.

Articles like this will give the average mechanic the confidence and the general know-how to do some of the more difficult stuff, like replacing a piston, or crank even. Neither of these are really hard, you just have to have the general idea of what is going on in there.

And just a side note on that article - You might want to add that you need to stick a rag in the case when installing the wrist pin. That kind of stuff sucks when it happens:mad:

hondariderdylan
07-29-2009, 08:42 PM
i like it
even though when people crack open engines i start getting strange looks on my face

im still new to the internal systems of engines etc.
but other than my lack of intelegence it was a great write up:)

keep em' coming

matt14c
07-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Looks good. I like some of your older how to's like the stem bearing or brake rebuild. With tricks or tips that you wont find in a manual. Seems as if though the manuals are all written for certified mechanics!

400ex28
07-29-2009, 09:07 PM
looks fine