PDA

View Full Version : X-Games 15 FINALLY!

8my_Cash
07-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Anyone gonna be watching it?

I especially will since there are rumors of Bike Flips being attempted at moto best trick, yes a bike flip.

And of course the front flip is going to be attempted again.

BAM!

JR3
07-29-2009, 11:16 AM
what time will it be on our time (eastern)

dehner47
07-29-2009, 11:20 AM
it does start this weekend correct? and i read on racerx or transworld that travis is going to try a crazy *** bike variable or even that crazt mctwist thing he and special greg have been trying. and you know those french dudes are coming to do the front flip. should be interesting:devil:

8my_Cash
07-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Thursday, July 30
9-11pm(EST) on ESPN

Moto X Best Whip
Skateboard Big Air Final
Moto X Step Up Final

Friday, July 31
8-11pm (EST) on ESPN

BMX Freestyle Street
Big Air Rail Jam Final
BMX Freestyle Big Air Final
Super X Adaptive Final
Moto X Best Trick Final

Saturday, August 1
3-6pm on ABC

Moto X Freestyle Elimination
BMX Freestyle Park Final
Skateboard Street Men's Final
Moto X Super Moto Men's Final

7:30-11pm on ESPN
BMX Freestyle Vert Final
Moto X Super X Men's & Women's Finals
Skateboard Vert Final
Moto X Freestyle Final

Sunday, August 2
3-pm (EST) on ABC

Rally Car Racing Elimination
Skateboard Park Men's Final
Rally Car Racing Final

8my_Cash
07-29-2009, 12:06 PM
lets see...
Paris Rosen is trying the front flip
Charles Pages is trying the front flip
Kyle Loza is trying a bike flip

and

Pastrana is trying a No handed 360 backflip.......:eek:

does anyone remember when a cliffhanger was a big deal?, holy hell

07-29-2009, 12:12 PM
ya its tommorrow on espn and im def watching it

TrapZ400
07-29-2009, 01:10 PM
No bike flip for Loza this year. He had surgery on his wrist and he is in a lot of pain and the way the bike flips pretty much all the force is on his wrist. He will do it to dirt eventually but not at X this year.

This is what he will probably do at X. Its an evolution of the Electric Doom that he hasn’t thought up a name for yet.
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x216/TrapZ400/loza.jpg

8my_Cash
07-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by TrapZ400
No bike flip for Loza this year. He had surgery on his wrist and he is in a lot of pain and the way the bike flips pretty much all the force is on his wrist. He will do it to dirt eventually but not at X this year.

This is what he will probably do at X. Its an evolution of the Electric Doom that he hasn’t thought up a name for yet.

really? i didnt hear about the surgery, i guess i gotta keep up on freestylemtx haha.

yellowzo3
07-29-2009, 02:37 PM
the front flip has been done before right? i know Charles Pages has done it but not sure if its been done in competition. Anyway, didn't x games used to be really long? I remember they had surfing and rock climbing and stuff years ago and i thought they showed a lot more of each sport (not just the finals of each contest).

TrapZ400
07-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Yea the front flip has never been landed in competition. Paris Rosen is going to front flip a 75ft gap which is crazy. He has also done no handed front flips into a foam pit. Dudes sick!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YxZuWRiKvZw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YxZuWRiKvZw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

madskrillz2
07-29-2009, 06:17 PM
It gets more and more like a video game every year.

07-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by TrapZ400

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x216/TrapZ400/loza.jpg where are you getting this info?

TrapZ400
07-29-2009, 06:54 PM
freestylemtx.com

ben300
07-29-2009, 07:36 PM
from what i read, paris has yet to land the front flip to dirt, and hes at the xgames, but is not competing..he's and alternate..

adn loza was on teh ellis show last week and he seemed fine there and said he was pulling somehting new that no one has seen yet

TrapZ400
07-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Paris was an alternate but now he is in because Cam got hurt.

8my_Cash
07-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Yea Cam is still out with his injuries from X Fighters, and Paris does not wnat to land the front flip to dirt yet, until xgames because he loves the thrill of being at X and landing the first 1 try to dirt.

You can read the write up at expn.com

8my_Cash
07-31-2009, 08:44 AM
steup was insane, and jake brown trying the 900 on the mega ramp was ridiculous

Guy400
07-31-2009, 08:47 AM
Too bad Carmichael got hurt on Step Up. Was it just me or did Skateboard Big Air seem to go forever? Jake Brown attempting the 900 was cool but it just went on and on.

I want to see Pastrana pull the The Toilet Paper Roll and land on dirt.

8my_Cash
07-31-2009, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
Too bad Carmichael got hurt on Step Up. Was it just me or did Skateboard Big Air seem to go forever? Jake Brown attempting the 900 was cool but it just went on and on.

I want to see Pastrana pull the The Toilet Paper Roll and land on dirt.

big air took forever 5 runs each and i really think burnquist biffed on purpose at the end because he knew he should have never tied jake brown, you could tell by his reaction to the score.

Step Up....it sucked that carmichael was injured but i really wanted to see renner beat him.....im not a big fan of GOAT.

Guy400
07-31-2009, 08:53 AM
I don't know what the judges were thinking because Burnquist's 4th run should've never tied Brown.

extremeblastr
07-31-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
I don't know what the judges were thinking because Burnquist's 4th run should've never tied Brown.

agreed, like said in the post above yours burnquist could have gone with a decent safe run and taken the gold home easy but i think he threw it away on purpos because he knew he didn't deserve the tie. not to mention i would have been pretty unhappy if he had gone safe after brown had just let it all hang out trying the 900 again. i also would like to have seen what taylor was gonna try if he landed that 720.

631kfx400
07-31-2009, 09:19 AM
it looked like bob wanted to give the win to jake because he normally doesnt make those huge mistakes

07-31-2009, 09:23 AM
when was moto x best whip?

8my_Cash
07-31-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by honda4life818
when was moto x best whip?

it wasnt televised its was before the 9 o'clock broadcast.

Todd Potter won it with 47% of the votes.

What was cool, was to see #2, Show Time, compete in step up on a brand new FI crf 450r

Deegan made me sad :( when he was eliminated right away

07-31-2009, 09:34 AM
well what the heck? i missed it. imma go on google and find a vid of it lol. thats what i thought was sweet #2 on the 450. it looked stock but i bet it had built suspension. it did have a exhaust thow. i looked sweet.

07-31-2009, 09:39 AM
yea potter's whip was the best. i found a vid.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=x%20games%2015%20moto%20x%20best%20whip&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#

ZBlaster
07-31-2009, 12:18 PM
Who won step up? I had it recorded on my DVR but since it was only supposed to be 2 hours long, and skateboard best trick took an hour and 30 minutes I only got to see to 32' and Buytens first attempt. :mad:

8my_Cash
07-31-2009, 12:23 PM
Well Carmichael ( :grr: not a fan) crashed at 35ft after both renner and carmichael missed both attempts are 35ft, which created the tie breaker 35ft jump.

So since carmichael crashed and couldnt compete both renner and carmichael recieved Co-Gold medals :ermm:

QuadJunkies
07-31-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by ZBlaster
Who won step up? I had it recorded on my DVR but since it was only supposed to be 2 hours long, and skateboard best trick took an hour and 30 minutes I only got to see to 32' and Buytens first attempt. :mad:

Mine too,WTF?!! I was pissed!!
Today I recorded and got a bunch of baseball ****!
Direct TV got an earful today:grr:
usually when a show lasts longer than 2 hours, Ive experienced when I record a series, it will leave off were it stopped on another recording,but not this time.:rolleyes:

400ex28
07-31-2009, 01:36 PM
Hmm wonder how this is gonna pan out for TP. makes me want to stay home tonight :p

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/INjt0IK0YA0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/INjt0IK0YA0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

muddy400EX
07-31-2009, 01:38 PM
actually the did televise the best whip. it was in the pre-show from 6-7. it was pretty sweet, potter and richmond def had the sickest whips

300ex_#387
07-31-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by 400ex28
Hmm wonder how this is gonna pan out for TP. makes me want to stay home tonight :p

That is completely insane. If he pulls that off I will go down on him.

extremeblastr
07-31-2009, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by 400ex28

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/INjt0IK0YA0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/INjt0IK0YA0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

i hope hes progressed a little on it, he doesn't finish the rotation a single time in the vids.....not saying i could do it though:blah: lol

yellowzo3
07-31-2009, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
actually the did televise the best whip. it was in the pre-show from 6-7. it was pretty sweet, potter and richmond def had the sickest whips

yeah i saw it also... was cool to see stewart and carmichael out there too! but WTFFFFFFFF was up with Renner?!?! Throwing the worst whips ever when he can do the best out of all the contestants. Even the announcers said it a couple times. Also somethings up with skateboard big air... If you listened closely when they came back from commercial break Tony and Danny said something about getting the short end of the stick and Sal Masekela (sp?) interrupted them... About 20 minutes later they started repeating the same line during one of the guys runs lol wtf... And like you guys said Big Air went on forever and honestly isn't that entertaining to watch even though its crazy. Same will probably happen with skateboard vert and rally since rallying has been blowing up lately.

motohanks
07-31-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
yeah I watched it too, but it was 8-9 here(diff time zone). I wasn't really expecting any events during X center, so I was surprised when they said that best whip was first. It wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Even some of the riders seemed to get bored and they started doing backflips and other freestyle tricks instead of whips.

Quad18star
07-31-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
That is completely insane. If he pulls that off I will go down on him.

Better take out your chapstick ..... the guy can do anything !!!!

ZBlaster
07-31-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Mine too,WTF?!! I was pissed!!
Today I recorded and got a bunch of baseball ****!
Direct TV got an earful today:grr:
usually when a show lasts longer than 2 hours, Ive experienced when I record a series, it will leave off were it stopped on another recording,but not this time.:rolleyes:

Exactly, I wasn't pleased at all. Step Up is probably my favorite event of the whole X Games, and I didn't even get to see half of it.

TrapZ400
07-31-2009, 03:34 PM
You can watch step up again at www.freecaster.tv

gcart2
07-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Better take out your chapstick ..... the guy can do anything !!!!

wow is it just me or does that look straight out of bmx.

could you imagine what that man could do on a bicycle. :eek2:

ProspectorJim
07-31-2009, 09:21 PM
Was Murray for real? He went out and looked like a straight up goon, especially when he pounded the ground after wrecking.

07-31-2009, 09:27 PM
honestly i dont think murry will ever get the double to dirt and ride away. the annoucner said the reason he was getting so sideways and messed up in the air was because he kept turning his front wheel. travis's double was way better hands down. but i was hoping that travis would get the toilet paper roll down. but he "hurt his bum" and his vision was blurry. and loza shouldent have won. the other guy's trick was better but what ever.how about that bmx?

quad2xtreme
07-31-2009, 09:36 PM
they definitely just gave it to Loza. :grr:

07-31-2009, 09:37 PM
i know. he is one weird looking dude. wonder if he has ever heard of a haircut.?:devil:

yellowzo3
07-31-2009, 09:57 PM
lol everywhere i've read about best trick people are pissed off... x games gets worse every year. it was seriously like a mini olympics years ago. now they hype it up so hard and only a small percentage of riders deliver. stewart is out for tomorrow with a shoulder injury... did he hurt it in practice or something? i heard them mention it but they never said how it happened. the mx adaptive race was great though... all of those guys have serious talent! the little segment before the race and the race itself was inspiring for sure. thats the only event i liked so far.

07-31-2009, 10:01 PM
yea that was pretty amazing.

RIDEREDson
08-01-2009, 03:55 AM
I wanted to see the front flip get landed by Paris. They never even talked about it afterword or showed his wreck, but they showed pastrana's wreck about 100 times. Goes to show you whos favored.

I dont know if its just me but I hate hearing Pastrana talk... He's such a nerd, but gotta give him props.

gcart2
08-01-2009, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by RIDEREDson
I wanted to see the front flip get landed by Paris. They never even talked about it afterword or showed his wreck, but they showed pastrana's wreck about 100 times. Goes to show you whos favored.

I dont know if its just me but I hate hearing Pastrana talk... He's such a nerd, but gotta give him props.

well compare the tricks:confused:

i mean, the backflip 360 looks a little harder dont you think:huh

and if its not "harder" then it sure as hell looks it, and thats all the xgames is, doing cool looking stuff.:macho

extremeblastr
08-01-2009, 07:15 AM
x games is becoming nothing more than a bad joke, the announcer is a huge tool and the judges are complete garbage.

Brad77
08-01-2009, 09:42 AM
The whole best trick section was a disaster. Starting with the guy who just jumped and didn't do a trick. I guess he just nutted up or something. Also Scott Murray needs to stay home. I was actually shocked when he appeared on the screen. The double back flip has been done and its lame that Scott Murray has his green carpet and special ramp and then acts like a kid beating the ground when he doesn't make it. This is the third year he has tried the same trick and has yet to make it. I thought that Paris' attempt at a front flip was underated. To my knowledge nobody has landed a front flip in competition and plus Paris was doing it on a normal looking bike. Remember that crazy contraption that "whats his face" tried the front flip on last year? I laughed when they rode that thing out last year and it was all jacked up in the back and lowered in the front. I think the tricks are more enjoyable when they are performed on normal looking machines. I guess we just need to send our own front flip quad guy Chis281 to show them all how its supposed to be done.

gcart2
08-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Brad77
The whole best trick section was a disaster. Starting with the guy who just jumped and didn't do a trick. I guess he just nutted up or something. Also Scott Murray needs to stay home. I was actually shocked when he appeared on the screen. The double back flip has been done and its lame that Scott Murray has his green carpet and special ramp and then acts like a kid beating the ground when he doesn't make it. This is the third year he has tried the same trick and has yet to make it. I thought that Paris' attempt at a front flip was underated. To my knowledge nobody has landed a front flip in competition and plus Paris was doing it on a normal looking bike. Remember that crazy contraption that "whats his face" tried the front flip on last year? I laughed when they rode that thing out last year and it was all jacked up in the back and lowered in the front. I think the tricks are more enjoyable when they are performed on normal looking machines. I guess we just need to send our own front flip quad guy Chis281 to show them all how its supposed to be done.

who flipped a quadd:confused:

QuadJunkies
08-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Once again... my DVR missed all the good stuff,right twhen Pastrana was getting ready to go, the DVR shut off. What a bunch of crap! :mad:

extremeblastr
08-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Once again... my DVR missed all the good stuff,right twhen Pastrana was getting ready to go, the DVR shut off. What a bunch of crap! :mad:

you didn't miss anything special, his first rotation wasn't nearly flat enough so when he came around on the second one he was to flat and landed on the side of the bike facing the stands.

madskrillz2
08-01-2009, 12:15 PM
They should have picked a winner by who had the best wreck.

Brad77
08-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
who flipped a quadd:confused:

Oh sorry just throwing my little bit of sarcasm in the mix. Nobody has front flipped a quad just remembering back to when the guy who said he could do it and had the memorable experience in Huevos 10.

motohanks
08-01-2009, 12:25 PM
why not set your dvr to record whatever is after it too, just in case. If it doesn't go over into the next show then you can always delete it.
You can also watch it on espn360.com if you internet provider is affiliated with espn. It works at my dads house, but not my moms(diff internet providers)

best trick is on tv right now... at least here

QuadJunkies
08-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by motohanks
why not set your dvr to record whatever is after it too, just in case. If it doesn't go over into the next show then you can always delete it.
You can also watch it on espn360.com if you internet provider is affiliated with espn. It works at my dads house, but not my moms(diff internet providers)

best trick is on tv right now... at least here

I never thought about that-good idea-thanks!! :)

416exfreak
08-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Oh sorry just throwing my little bit of sarcasm in the mix. Nobody has front flipped a quad just remembering back to when the guy who said he could do it and had the memorable experience in Huevos 10.

Wes Miller actually made a total dick move on Chris.

He only gave him like a half hour in the foam pit. He got 4 jump attempts, and at one point, they held him about 50 feet in the air and wouldnt let him down until he jumped into the pit.

Chris had never jumped into a pit or been able to try the flip before. Miller made him out to look like a poser, but he's actually a pretty damn good rider, and an all around nice guy.

quad2xtreme
08-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak

He only gave him like a half hour in the foam pit. He got 4 jump attempts, and at one point, they held him about 50 feet in the air and wouldnt let him down until he jumped into the pit.

Chris had never jumped into a pit or been able to try the flip before. Miller made him out to look like a poser, but he's actually a pretty damn good rider, and an all around nice guy.

Front flipping a quad will be tough...you have to rotate more than 360°...closer to another 180°. I'd be impressed just to see someone do it into a foam pit. I can't imagine it tickles to have a quad land on you even in a foam pit.

meankfx
08-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak

Yeah ok that guys a puss bag everybody knows it. A half hour I would kill for that much time in a foam pit.

416exfreak
08-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by meankfx
Yeah ok that guys a puss bag everybody knows it. A half hour I would kill for that much time in a foam pit.

Think what you will man. I have talked to him and gotten to know him. He's cool as hell.

I would also love to be able to jump into a foam pit, but sadly, you dont always get what you want.

meankfx
08-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Maybe he is a cool guy. I dont know him personally, but from what ive seen hes not cut out to ride ramps or do freestyle.

extremeblastr
08-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Maybe he is a cool guy. I dont know him personally, but from what ive seen hes not cut out to ride ramps or do freestyle.

and what the hell have you seen? you've only heard about the one trick he wanted to attempt and hate to tell you but when the guys that are supposed to be helping ya wit the foam pit are being dbags its hard to get any good jumps in. not to mention that at least 1 of those 4 has to be a test run to get a feel for the jump before you let it all hang out.

i'd say don't judge a book by its cover but thats what i do and so far all the books i've read have been pretty damn good lol

meankfx
08-01-2009, 04:40 PM
He got that whole big story in the atv magazine and lied through the whole thing so I guess I read the book then. Dudes a poser he put myspace pics up that weren't him saying they were him. This conversation is a waste of my time everybody already knows the truth im done.

extremeblastr
08-01-2009, 04:56 PM
He got that whole big story in the atv magazine and lied through the whole thing so I guess I read the book then. Dudes a poser he put myspace pics up that weren't him saying they were him. This conversation is a waste of my time everybody already knows the truth im done.

so you read a magazine article where he said he was going to attempt it and that makes him a liar? he did attempt it to a foam pit whether he made it or not and he did not have myspace pics up that were not him when his page was posted on this site just nothing that impressed anyone in the slightest. just because you don't like that he gets more attention than you doesn't make him a lieing dbag. no facts makes you the liar.

Brad77
08-01-2009, 05:55 PM
He is still on here on the board. His user name is Chris281 and the 400ex that he tried the flip on was or is being parted out in the for sale section. Also there is several newer pics of him riding. No stunting though.

born2ride14
08-01-2009, 06:10 PM
He is still on here on the board. His user name is Chris281 and the 400ex that he tried the flip on was or is being parted out in the for sale section. Also there is several newer pics of him riding. No stunting though.

Ya well he is not on here anymore, he scammed me on a rear rotor for my quad now he is not to be seen

RIDEREDson
08-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
well compare the tricks:confused:

i mean, the backflip 360 looks a little harder dont you think:huh

and if its not "harder" then it sure as hell looks it, and thats all the xgames is, doing cool looking stuff.:macho

It might look crazier, because more is going on, but I get tired of backflip variations. I think the front flip would have shut that trick down. If Paris was on a 125 like Travis, I bet he could of flipped it around easier.

08-02-2009, 08:19 PM
who won the ralley car? and what ever else came on tonight?

gcart2
08-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by RIDEREDson
It might look crazier, because more is going on, but I get tired of backflip variations. I think the front flip would have shut that trick down. If Paris was on a 125 like Travis, I bet he could of flipped it around easier.

agreed.

but like i said, IMO its all about the looks.

RIDEREDson
08-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by honda4life818
who won the ralley car? and what ever else came on tonight?

The ex- Indy car driver. Pastrana lost it in a turn and got jammed in between barriers.

powermadd400ex
08-02-2009, 10:58 PM
block and deegan had some piss poor luck.

8my_Cash
08-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
block and deegan had some piss poor luck.

the door opening up was hilarious and deegans face on the in car cam when nothing was working right was priceless.

moto x best trick was soo dissapointing, at one point pastrana was in 3rd even though he crashed, which is sad.

I mean it almost seemed like it was moto x best crash.

Willy Watts.....all i got to say is wow.

Bilko should have won, loza showed no innovation.

At least moto x freestyle was good.

RIDEREDson
08-03-2009, 07:44 PM
Yeah deegan was hella-frustrated