PDA

View Full Version : New DVX owner

350ex
07-29-2009, 10:53 AM
So I found a nice 04 DVX 400 while browsing craigslist. I wasn't really in the market for a new quad but this one caught my eye. Guy was asking 2 grand. Its nicely modified everywhere excepth the motor which is completely stock. Quad has about 150 hours on it, but is still in pretty good shape. The frame looks pretty solid no cracks or anything. I took it for a ride wand was very impressed. I was able to talk the guy down to $1600 which I though was pretty reasonable. Its running a 12 tooth sprocket in the front and 18" razrs. Very quick with it geared like it is. It's deffinately much quicker than my 350 and my roomate's 400ex just tops out early. It honestly feels close to the stock 450's ive ridden. How do these thing run up against them whe you gear them down? So how does the transmission hold up on these things? the guy who owned it did race it and was about 270. It seemed a bit stiff shifting into third. Anything maintenance wise I should be looking out for?

Pack
07-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by 350ex
It honestly feels close to the stock 450's ive ridden. How do these thing run up against them whe you gear them down?
They don't. Only way to keep up with a 450 on these things, is to bore it out to a 440.

350ex
07-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Maybe it just feels quick because its geared so low with the 18's. Im hittin fifth gear in my driveway and stopping within no more than 300 feet. No idea where it tops out though. Im not too worried about it, I mostly just ride on trails. It's plenty fast for what I need it for. Honestly I'm not a big fan of the LTR450 shocks in the front. Theyre too stiff for my riding. Maybe for mx but not for my riding style.

kawiracerj
07-30-2009, 07:25 PM
the 440 isnt al you need,get head work done if you wanna run with 450s.cams,port n polish,e.t.c.