PDA

View Full Version : 250r spacer plate motor

atv fan 28
07-28-2009, 09:37 PM
im new to this forum but i have a question that has probably been answered 100 times on here already! i have a 250r with the long rod. i think it is an 87 because the cases are painted grey. but it has an 88 cylinder cause it says 88 on the bottom of the sleeve. it has a 5mm spacer plate which means im running an 86 piston right? i have some people telling me that setup wont work. that i have to use an 86 cylinder for it to work right. because the the back of the piston must match the intake ports when the piston is at TDC. they say the rod wont get lubricated enough. i traded my 400ex for the 250r and im just trying to figure things out! THANKS!!!!!

All250R
07-29-2009, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by atv fan 28
im new to this forum but i have a question that has probably been answered 100 times on here already! i have a 250r with the long rod. i think it is an 87 because the cases are painted grey. but it has an 88 cylinder cause it says 88 on the bottom of the sleeve. it has a 5mm spacer plate which means im running an 86 piston right? i have some people telling me that setup wont work. that i have to use an 86 cylinder for it to work right. because the the back of the piston must match the intake ports when the piston is at TDC. they say the rod wont get lubricated enough. i traded my 400ex for the 250r and im just trying to figure things out! THANKS!!!!!
It sounds like they're wrong. The 86 piston comes in more sizes from Wiseco than the 87-9 so people with a long rod run the spacer plate and an 86 piston typically over 68mm. You won't run into small end lubrication problems because of the piston style. That's not correct.

1promodfan
07-29-2009, 04:11 AM
^^^^^^^^^All250R is correct. This is probably one of the most asked about set-up's when it comes to our beloved 250R.