PDA

View Full Version : Best Exhaust

06 Honda 450R
07-28-2009, 06:19 PM
i might have asked this question before but, what is the best full exhaust system, best programmer, and when my brother gets this, will he need to take off the air box lid

scuzz
07-29-2009, 07:01 AM
These are all my opinion:

Best programmer: PCV

Why? It's only a few dollars more than the PCIII, and it's smaller and has more options that you can do.

Best slipon: Yoshimura.

Why? This is a personal preference due to the sound. Slip on mufflers are all pretty much the same for the 700xx with the exception of the collector just before the muffler itself. on all the other ones it seems as though they have a pipe fitted with the corrrect bends to have the exhaust gasses enter the muffler. On the Yoshimura they have a pipe bent with an increasing diameter. I had a two brothers slip on prior to my Yoshimura. It was well built and the people at Two Brothers gave EXCELLENT customer service, but it all boiled down to me not liking the lound.

Best Full exhaust? I don't have any experience with these but I'm a moderator on a 700xx forum and the people there seem to like the HMF, DMC and FMF in that order. The FMF was put last because some people had muffler canister problems with them leaking.

Also I'm partial to EHS lids and UNI filters. I hate, hate, hate cotton filters.