PDA

View Full Version : Favre to remain retired

BEAVER.989
07-28-2009, 05:19 PM
It's a sad day for me. I was really looking forward to watching him play again.

Guy400
07-28-2009, 05:21 PM
I have to be honest. I'm glad he's staying retired. He was well beyond his prime and his last season was just tarnishing his outstanding legacy. It was like watching Jordan try to come back.

madskrillz2
07-28-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I have to be honest. I'm glad he's staying retired. He was well beyond his prime and his last season was just tarnishing his outstanding legacy. It was like watching Jordan try to come back.

It was nothing like watching Jordan come back......

kawabunga
07-28-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm glad he finally made up his mind. Hopefully his name stays out of the news now. I'm tired of hearing about it. Ah, the joy of living in Wisconsin.

trx400 rider
07-28-2009, 08:24 PM
He had to learn when to leave he to old to be playin with these guys.he would get hurt if he kept on going.he made his money and his fame now leave and let the new rookie QB come in and play and make a name for there own.:D

matt14c
07-28-2009, 08:27 PM
This isnt over! He will change his mind a half of dozen more times. I wont believe he is retired until papers are filed and Goodell signs them!

jcv400ex
07-29-2009, 06:41 AM
And it's fitting for the INTERCEPTION KING that the last pass he threw in the NFL Corey Webster intercepted it!!!

BYE BYE BRETT!!

GO BEARS! :macho

tt racer
07-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Im a huge football fan and respect what he has done but i cant stand sportscenter anymore. He needs to make a decision to stay retired forever! I truly cant stand him anymore, my point is all the media s#### he has caused dont you think you could muster up some respect for the people around you. Drama Queen i hope i never hear another word from his mouth again but im sure we prob will god help us all.:devil:

400EXtreme
07-29-2009, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
And it's fitting for the INTERCEPTION KING that the last pass he threw in the NFL Corey Webster intercepted it!!!

BYE BYE BRETT!!

GO BEARS! :macho I love it when people like you look passed all the amazing things hes done. Im sorry your a bears fan =).

BEAVER.989
07-29-2009, 12:48 PM
You know, in spite of the fact that he says he's going to remain retired, I won't believe it until football season starts without him. He still WANTS to play the game.

Part of me believes this is just a ploy to be able to skip out on training camp. I think he'll ask the Vikings if they still have a place on their roster for him just prior to the season opener.

mxduner
07-30-2009, 12:35 AM
You know, in spite of the fact that he says he's going to remain retired, I won't believe it until football season starts without him. He still WANTS to play the game.

:devil:

In an interview posted on Sports Illustrated's Web site, Favre added another subtle twist to this endlessly open-ended story: "I truly, truly believe it's over. But if someone calls Nov. 1, who knows?"

article (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/07/29/vikings.favre.ap/index.html)

jcv400ex
07-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by 400EXtreme
I love it when people like you look passed all the amazing things hes done. Im sorry your a bears fan =).

ME TOO! He's a self centered puke!

400EXtreme
07-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
ME TOO! He's a self centered puke! how so?

450rJam
07-30-2009, 08:59 PM
he will land somewhere (dont think it will be with vikings anymore)

would have been better if he could have pulled his head out at greenbay instead of playing wishy-washy games and retired a packer

now he has tarnished his legacy and will be remembered for his lazy arse tactics to get around training camp and pre-season

he is his own worst enemy

come on brett stop giving farve a bad name!!!