PDA

View Full Version : i hate my life

buck440
07-28-2009, 04:55 PM
well i got a new job at a.t.s, they make seats, doors and carpets for toyota suv's and while in training today they told me what i was going to be doing and i nearly ****. i am going to be putting 3 rods through holes in the seat skin while putting 10 hogrings in a seat to hold the skin on and then pull the cover over the seat while it is on a moving belt all in about 20 seconds and while trying not to get a ring in my finger :huh one after another for 4 hrs straight:grr: then lunch, then 4 hrs straight, home, eat, ****, sleep and repeat. does this not suck?! FML!

XCRacer236
07-28-2009, 04:56 PM
(popcorn smiley)

Pappy
07-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Lots of folks would die for any job right now

Guy400
07-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Well quit there and go put your name on the list at Manpower. You'll begging to go back to covering seats...

buck440
07-28-2009, 05:13 PM
manpower?

Guy400
07-28-2009, 05:15 PM
It's a temporary employment agency. You're basically contracted to work on a day-to-day basis and typically it's some type of construction/sweatshop work, no benefits and they get about 40% of your day's wage.

fastredrider44
07-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Not everyone is cut out for a plant job, but if it's paying the bills, don't complain. Your life isn't that bad. Suck it up.

ohiomxyfz
07-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Im a skilled laborer (CNC machinist/programmer) But i been laid off for 5 months. I would take whatever i can get even if it was just covering seats. Times are tough, If its a job ill do what i can for money until i can get back into my trade.

buck440
07-28-2009, 05:23 PM
i'm only doing it for a truck, 98.5 cummins quad cab long bed:macho once i get half the money i need since my dad will lend me the other half, then i'm heading straight for the mines.

Tommy Warren
07-28-2009, 05:28 PM
fire up the Ipod helps kill time.

I was a carpenter but got laid off for 6 months now I just sit in a bobcat all day man it gets boring fast. so I hooked xm radio up to the skidsteer and now I rock out and hit stuff all day its a blast.

buck440
07-28-2009, 05:40 PM
if i could ipod it up i would, but not allowed to

byrdman37876
07-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Sucks working for the man.

Shift_450R
07-28-2009, 07:03 PM
dont feel bad im working on a pipeline 16hrs a day (with travel) 10 straight 4 days off it could be worse

Johnny Minehan
07-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by CaseDawg350
(popcorn smiley)

http://i31.tinypic.com/ogmkw8.gif

I agree, bring your Ipod, it helps no matter what you are doing.

kawabunga
07-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by buck440
well i got a new job at a.t.s, they make seats, doors and carpets for toyota suv's and while in training today they told me what i was going to be doing and i nearly ****. i am going to be putting 3 rods through holes in the seat skin while putting 10 hogrings in a seat to hold the skin on and then pull the cover over the seat while it is on a moving belt all in about 20 seconds and while trying not to get a ring in my finger :huh one after another for 4 hrs straight:grr: then lunch, then 4 hrs straight, home, eat, ****, sleep and repeat. does this not suck?! FML!

Quit complaining. It could be A LOT worse. At least you have a job, and what you're doing isn't that bad.

250x_kyle
07-28-2009, 09:22 PM
atleast you have consistant work. alot of people are hit and miss as far as a work week goes.

extremeblastr
07-28-2009, 09:27 PM
wanna switch? i work for a weekly salary and available bonuses, good luck getting the bonuses and lately the excuse has been "we didn't make enough this week to dole out full pay so your all only getting 80% of your salary, don't cry or we'll just cut your pay to that every week"

usp4u
07-29-2009, 07:55 AM
stop whining. i'm sure there are thousands of mexicans willing to do take that job off your hands.
you would "hate your life" much less if lost that sense of entitlement you got going there. it's not beneath you.

redrocker
07-29-2009, 08:25 AM
Whistle while you work :)

JForestZ34
07-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by buck440

How about you tell your company I'll come down and do the job for you.. I'm unemployed right now so I'll take that job in a second...

James

Ryan
07-29-2009, 09:59 AM
It sounds like a job to me? I would do anything to work right now! I can't commit to anything due to my back and leg. I tried working with a buddy on Monday doing a streetrocking job. When I relized I litterally couldn't make it out of bed to go to work the next morning, I relized enough is enough. I been looking for a good doctor all week that is covered under my insurance, but there may not be any permanit fix. Im misserable at the moment, but I can't say my life sucks because there are people out there that have it so much worse. I have to be thankful of what I have. But I would give anything to just feel fit to be able to do hard labor again.

Bottom line- SUCK IT UP.

jesseweaver
07-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
atleast you have consistant work. alot of people are hit and miss as far as a work week goes.

yea thats what really sucks. i frame houses, fun work and pays good and i love my job... but just found out yesterday that i have today and thursday and maybe friday off :(

8my_Cash
07-29-2009, 11:08 AM
Hell, i wouldnt complain i might be doing a mindless job like that in december. I graduate from college in december to the worst job market in 20 years.........so much for a college education :rolleyes: .

Whatever pays the bills is worth it so suck it up and get that Truck haha

07-29-2009, 12:23 PM
cant wait till im 12 so i can get a job at the farm down the road and make some money and buy that 400ex=)

MX MaNiAc 06
07-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Man.. do you guys realize that you're complaining about working TOO MUCH?! :huh Don't forget why you're there in the first place.. to make money. The more hours you work, the more money you make. No one likes their job.

I'm a prep cook currently. It's just a summer job to make a few extra bucks for school. But my only complaint about the job is they don't give me enough hours. (30-35/wk) They pay me dirt but I don't complain and just try my best so they realize they aren't paying me enough. :rolleyes:

07-29-2009, 12:49 PM
im 11 and im excited about getting my job,itll be a lil less work then i have to do around the house and ill get payed more=):D

buck440
07-29-2009, 02:16 PM
yesterday they gave us a general idea of what were doing but today i found out that my actual job is the second easiest one there...i complain no more:blah:

Sjorge450R
07-29-2009, 02:43 PM
I work at a hardscape supply yard driving a fork lift and there are many landscapers that havent been having a good year. I see some guys all the time, but thats cause they are working for barley anything. Me on the other hand. I locked in a deal with my boss that I am too work 50 hours a week every week....so far since May 14th, I have done that.

yfzrider310
07-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Its a hell of alot better than what im doing. I put bags over corn stalks for 10 hours a day everyday in 80-90 degree weather. Then have to listen to mexicans talk in spanish and all the people that speak english don't want to talk at all so its dead silent all day. No days off and work straight through weekends. Its really gay but it makes money so its all good.

LTandRaptorider
07-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by redrocker
Whistle while you work :)

LMFAO!:D

After seeing some of the jobs you guys do, makes me appreciate mine more. Bossing 10 people and sitting next to a tank of water doing ultrasonic scans don't seem so bad now. :cool:

bansheeboy321
07-30-2009, 03:40 PM
unemployment is almost 30% around here....wanna switch??

<DRS>GPF
07-30-2009, 04:18 PM
He's hot, sweat drops, 'round the clock
Door never locks
Noise never stops
Not all day
Work seven to three
Three to eleven
Eleven to seven

Shift work, tough work for the convenience store clerk
Two feet that hurt, going insane
She's mad at some lad
Drove off and didn't pay for his gas and he won't be the last
'round the clock pain
Work seven to three
Three to eleven
Eleven to seven

Talking about a bunch of shift work
A big ol' pile of shift work
Work seven to three
Three to eleven
Eleven to seven

Well i work, shift work,

Ten years man, i hated that work
I made a break with the money i made
It took me to the beach to have a beer by the edge of the sea
And this 'round a clock place
I drank my money away
We partied
Work seven to three
Three to eleven
Eleven to seven

Work seven to three
Three to eleven
Eleven to seven

[instrumental interlude]

Work seven to three
Three to eleven
Eleven to seven

Work seven to three
Three to eleven
Eleven to seven

79400ex
07-30-2009, 07:41 PM
this kid doesn't know what he has intil it is gone. I would watch going to mine you might get there and get laid off wright way. the coal industry is not as safe for job suerty as you think.

Quad18star
07-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
LMFAO!:D

After seeing some of the jobs you guys do, makes me appreciate mine more. Bossing 10 people and sitting next to a tank of water doing ultrasonic scans don't seem so bad now. :cool:

You hiring?? LOL

Bart I heard NDT is actually a pretty good job market to be in . I've got a buddy that is taking it in college right now and when he's done he'll be hired on the spot. What kind of education did it take for you to get the job?

I'm in my last year of Mining Engineering , graduate in the spring . They layed off 700 miners in January and another 3300 are on strike right now. Great f'ing field to get into. :grr: Hopefully the world markets pick up by next spring or I'll be moving and looking for work doing whatever I can find.

Mxjunkie
07-31-2009, 05:21 AM
Try doing overall paint jobs on cars in a day in a shop with NO ac, the fans blow the paint dust all over you and by the time you finish sanding it and done doing body work your so tired you dont even wanna think about taping it and getting it ready to shoot.. Then being so tired after you shoot it, your so tired you damn near fall asleep driving home from work everyday.. I've zonked out at a couple redlights on the way home..

oh yeah then the next 12+ hour day, more like the whole week you have more cars to sand, tear apart, bang dents out and twirl doors, hoods and lift gates around by yourself..

Quit your biaching I'd love to do your job! :ermm:

quad2xtreme
07-31-2009, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Try doing overall paint jobs on cars in a day in a shop with NO ac, the fans blow the paint dust all over you and by the time you finish sanding it and done doing body work your so tired you dont even wanna think about taping it and getting it ready to shoot.. Then being so tired after you shoot it, your so tired you damn near fall asleep driving home from work everyday.. I've zonked out at a couple redlights on the way home..

oh yeah then the next 12+ hour day, more like the whole week you have more cars to sand, tear apart, bang dents out and twirl doors, hoods and lift gates around by yourself..

I started out doing this. It is all I wanted to do...paint cars. Got a job in a regular shop and had to work on regular people's cars. Hated it and it was really tough work as you describe. Realized I only liked working on custom cars. After another ****ty job working at a hotel in Florida, I went to college and the rest is history. I graduated from college at age 25. Don't think it is ever to late to get started in school if you want to open up your options.

Mxjunkie
07-31-2009, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
I started out doing this. It is all I wanted to do...paint cars. Got a job in a regular shop and had to work on regular people's cars. Hated it and it was really tough work as you describe. Realized I only liked working on custom cars. After another ****ty job working at a hotel in Florida, I went to college and the rest is history. I graduated from college at age 25. Don't think it is ever to late to get started in school if you want to open up your options.

I hear you, I HATE working on junkers, cars that people have never washed.. I had a young kid take his truck mudding and brought it in for an overall, He was like " well it's getting repainted so I figured it didn't matter " I told him to take it somewhere else, most of the customers don't wash their cars before they bring them in either, it drives me insane.. There is a few custom shops here my game plan is if I don't make it in one of them I'm just going to do body work as a personal hobby and be done with it.. At least with the custom cars your work is going to be kept nice, I've spent hours on cars only to have them come back all tore up again and the customer wanting it fixed for next to nothing.. It's fun but some of the customers can be real hassles.. I've been thinking about getting a job at the local PPG store doing deliverys then working my way up to a higher position, they pay well and they are booming in my area ( 17 body shops in 4 towns )

But your right man, it's a tough job and it's REALLY under estimated, people think you can fix their car at the snap of a finger..

CNC_guy
07-31-2009, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by ohiomxyfz
Im a skilled laborer (CNC machinist/programmer) But i been laid off for 5 months. I would take whatever i can get even if it was just covering seats. Times are tough, If its a job ill do what i can for money until i can get back into my trade.

Things have really picked up for us over the last 3 months. I'm hoping that's a sign our trade is turning the corner. I hope things pick up for you as well.

gcart2
07-31-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie

try having 35 semis that are exactly the same; same tractor, same trailers, same brakes, same filters, same reefers, same tires, same color, same everything. I have to service, change tires, fix lights, repair valves, charge ac's, fix stuff dumbass drivers break everyday. same everything.

but i work full time at 16:devil:

i love it:)

watts16
07-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by CNC_guy
Things have really picked up for us over the last 3 months. I'm hoping that's a sign our trade is turning the corner. I hope things pick up for you as well.

Hope things pick up soon around here. Im a machinist and been laid off since march

mcgrath
07-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
try having 35 semis that are exactly the same; same tractor, same trailers, same brakes, same filters, same reefers, same tires, same color, same everything. I have to service, change tires, fix lights, repair valves, charge ac's, fix stuff dumbass drivers break everyday. same everything.

but i work full time at 16:devil:

i love it:)

Carefull there young fella, Us dumbass drivers keep little mouthpieces like you working. Those who cant drive em fix em. 16 eh? they probably only let you clean the windows and vacum the tractors for the big kids. You have a cute little step stool to top up the washer fluid too?

CNC_guy
08-01-2009, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by watts16
Hope things pick up soon around here. Im a machinist and been laid off since march

We were really slow Dec. 08-March 09. We actually laid 3 machinists off....it was the first time we had ever done that. Things began to pick up and now we have half the crew in here today on a Saturday. Things look good through the end of the year but after that who knows.

gcart2
08-01-2009, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by mcgrath
Carefull there young fella, Us dumbass drivers keep little mouthpieces like you working. Those who cant drive em fix em. 16 eh? they probably only let you clean the windows and vacum the tractors for the big kids. You have a cute little step stool to top up the washer fluid too?

thats cute, Considering out oldest trucks r 05's (and those are out best?? other than the 07's) we dont do much other than service, fix lights etc.

however i have changed two fuel tanks do to drivers hitting curbs, changed plenty of blow outs, repaired many ac's, fixed a bumper that was broken from an accident, removed two hoods that were smashed, and so much more.

Here's a picture of some of the trucks sitting yesterday. (cell phone pic)

KXRida
08-02-2009, 05:11 AM
haha jobs could always be worse....

ATV riders give me job security. haha but in all seriousness I worked my *** of through college to get where I'm at now, so I got out of it what I wanted.