PDA

View Full Version : Chain keeps falling off

kodiakkid
07-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Just recently bought a 2004 Predator for my kids to ride. The only problem we are having is that the chain keeps falling off if it. The roller chain tensioner does not stay tight. I think the problem is the spring torsion as it looks like it is broken. Does anyone have any pics on how this is suppose to look and where/what the spring torsion is suppose to connect to?

07-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Buy a ZTR chain tensioner thats the only way to go. It wont fall off its money well spent. Promise that. Buy that and you will be set for the life of the quad.:D

kodiakkid
07-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the reply but I was just thinking about putting a OEM part back on as it is only 2-3 bucks. So in saying that; does anyone have any pics of one so I know how and where everything should line up and go together?

rapple
07-31-2009, 06:16 PM
We had the same problem. I ordered a spring from bikebandit.com for about $2.00. They have the parts diagrams online so you can see exactly what goes where. I'm installing mine next week, but it looks like a 30 minute job. (28 minutes of spraying WD-40 and cursing and 2 minutes to put on the spring)