PDA

View Full Version : No more Cannondales

Leo02400ex
01-08-2003, 02:24 PM
So I heard today that Cannondale is calling it quits in their ATV market along with knowledge of troublesome motors, Guess the big debate over which quad is better is a clear decision now. Good luck to you guys who own them getting parts in a year or so...
Go Honda!!!

4TraxRider
01-08-2003, 02:25 PM
Where'd you hear that.:huh

rookiex
01-08-2003, 02:26 PM
I heard the same thing too......but it was on here by somone else....who knows...I like the quads personally

Ryan
01-08-2003, 02:30 PM
That really sucks. Thats an end of making stock "Race Ready" atvs. If they made them a grand cheepier and there other problems it would be a bigger sell. I only seen 1 cannondale dealer around here anyways so I wouldn't expect them to sell many. Some people have know idea what cannondales are :huh

MSL
01-08-2003, 02:31 PM
dang that sucks i liked them:(

UglyMotha™
01-08-2003, 02:32 PM
can you post some proof to go along with that

Leo02400ex
01-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Give it time, watch the press releases and make some inquiries at the local dealer...

MrP
01-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Leo02400ex- Doubt it. I "heard" a lot of things, doesnt make it true though.

tants
01-08-2003, 02:37 PM
i doubt thats true

MSL
01-08-2003, 02:41 PM
maybe Jeff@thequadshop has some info on this sence he sells them.

Leo02400ex
01-08-2003, 02:44 PM
Fact is, if it does prove to be true it sad since its the end of an American made ATV. Like I said, it was something I "heard" from a pretty credible source in a fortune company. I did some research after I heard it and everything form Cannondale looks on the up and up, reading over last years annual reports it doesn't seem like they would end this line, but noticing the way their stock has been going and also some other joint ventures that have pulled out may make this fact true.

01-08-2003, 02:48 PM
I ain't buyin it...:blah

DGR Designs
01-08-2003, 02:49 PM
i'd say check the website..... www.cannondale.com

Leo02400ex
01-08-2003, 02:54 PM
cause the web site is so up to date, they last updated thier atv page in 9/02

JOEX
01-08-2003, 03:03 PM
I heard they are going to make a 750EX:blah

kabd69667
01-08-2003, 03:05 PM
I'm positive they were taking a break from making the atv's...but i didn't know it was going to be permanent

EricB
01-08-2003, 03:09 PM
i dunno the yammy/dale dealer quit selling dales arround the first of last summer. they said that they're 'slow pieces of sh1t' i questioned the guy, why are they so terrible and he said 'the fuel injection is hard to tune, and the frame is all weird' hehe i just thought i'd throw that in. the guy was clearly an idiot, saying they're a piece of crap is one thing. thats an opion, but saying that they're slow? you can't agrue if a bike is fast or not, unless he was comparing it to a CR500 or something, who knows.

but from what i've been reading on these boards for a while now it does sound like Cdales might be a thing of the past -/ oh well i meen it was a good idea, maybe they'll come out with a 'stock' model with the 440 and alum frame. maybe ditch some of the spendy stuff like the injection and just go with a normal carb setup. from what i've read and been told they were good quads, just a little pricey. now i'm glad i didn't get one sorta. it would just be my luck to get a good quad like that then the company quits dealing with them. but if they do go under with the ATVs i'm sure there will still be aftermarket parts for them, quite a few dale riders arround i do belive.

flyin#5
01-08-2003, 03:13 PM
i doubt that they would quit making atvs. they are awsome. they made (i think still do make) dirtbikes and everyone said they sucked. if they had a small motor prob i doubt that they would just stop making then all together. if they were going to go out of buiseness i think eveyone should drop there atvs sell them and but a cannondale because there american made and we need to support america right not those friggen japaneese.

01-08-2003, 03:18 PM
Anyone that says a cannondale is slow is a moron and should jump off a bridge cuz we don't need anymore jackass's like you in the world...:blah Dales don't have motor problems either,,were'd that come from??:confused: From what I know all small issues with dales have been resolved,,no more call backs on anything..

Wired
01-08-2003, 03:22 PM
i should be able to shed some light on this subject soon here hopefully. gotta guy making some calls to find out first hand. never know if its a rumor or not. lets wait and find out

Glow Plug
01-08-2003, 03:25 PM
If they did or do (???) stop making there atv's that would a huge blow to the market (please don't say it's going to be the late 80's again!!!)

JOEX
01-08-2003, 03:28 PM
http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=600

raptor_02
01-08-2003, 03:32 PM
man that would blow if cannondale stopped making quads. Don't say they stopped making them unless you know for a fact!! That messes with my head and I don't like that

Ryan
01-08-2003, 03:35 PM
Lower their prices, Get rid of that fuel injection crap and have them to be more known and they would be the biggest hit in the atv industry. They also have a wright up over on ATV Scene. Check out the "Ask Cannondale" Fourm and they also discuss this.
The first time I saw a cannondale, I thought they were the ugliest, POS I have ever seen. I thought the same thing with the Preditor but then I relized "Don't judge a book by its cover." I know alot of people who take the first impresson of a cannondale and call it a pos.

I would really hate to see Cannondale close down. I really thought they were a big hit im the atv industry.

Guy400
01-08-2003, 03:43 PM
I just talked with the lead engineer yesterday of Cannondale's ATV projects. He's working on the '05 model as we speak...

raptor_02
01-08-2003, 03:44 PM
i also used to think they were ugly. But for some reason now I think they look AWESOME. I guess its because now I know how they perform. If you know something performs good your going to automatically think higher of there looks. Use women for an example :D

Ryan
01-08-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Guy432
I just talked with the lead engineer yesterday of Cannondale's ATV projects. He's working on the '05 model as we speak...

Well thats good to hear. I went to their website earlier today and it seemed everything was going good and if they were going out of business, they might have or should have put something on the site about it.

Sparks425Ex
01-08-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I ain't buyin it...:blah

Me neither.......:huh

MrP
01-08-2003, 03:56 PM
2002 GNC Nationals

250 Pro-Am- Cannondale Moto 440, First Place.

Slow, I think not.

I dont understand why just about everyone dogs the Cannondales. There American made and C-dale is doing something Honda and Yamaha arent. And that is building a bad ***** quad that is fast off the show room floor. I bet half the people dogging C-dale has not even rode one or maybe even seen one in person. Sure they have had there problems, but who hasnt?

Rip_Tear
01-08-2003, 04:06 PM
Cannondale going out of the quad market, highly doubt it, esp if it was in DT... They are making plenty of money, not only on quads. Besides if they did there would be a huge rush for people buying what was left. They are awsome quads!

Glow Plug
01-08-2003, 04:07 PM
I guess c'dale has had there problem's but at least they update their bike's more than every 5 years for example look at the fx400 (ithin that is what it is called) c'dale put the quad out and then after people reported the shaky front end they fixed it no charge and then 2002 all brand new models and they have even made strides in the atv industy like fuel injectiuon, alulium frame and they are the only company that hasn't coppyed honda's frame they came out with something new and if you ask me i think i will be a real shane if the withdraw out of the industy

AlaskaSpeed
01-08-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Leo02400ex
So I heard today that Cannondale is calling it quits in their ATV market along with knowledge of troublesome motors, Guess the big debate over which quad is better is a clear decision now. Good luck to you guys who own them getting parts in a year or so...
Go Honda!!!

What a moron.....:o

400exBro
01-08-2003, 04:26 PM
man they better not!!!!

i want a dale real bad and my dad is starting to join that side too, if he heard about shut down rumors he won't give me the nod.... he is all about relibility and aviability.... if that don't exist you are asking for trouble...

Jim- i am wondering do you actually live in Alaska?? (no offense) if so do you have any dealers in alaska? i am wondering becuase if i do buy one, how am i going to get parts and warrenty issue if there are no dealers asblished yet??

thanxks

Ben
01-08-2003, 04:35 PM
This is just a rumor guys - the Cannondale press release pages mention nothing of this. I am locking this thread down because it is just spreading untrue rumors ;)

Ben