PDA

View Full Version : starting issues (electrical)

bbender85
07-28-2009, 07:39 AM
did a bunch of trail riding this weekend, and they were in horrible shape, all whooped out (which is fine by me, i love that stuff)... but my quad started acting funny the end of the first day.

the starter button would only work when in neutral; it would not start in gear with the clutch pulled in like it always has. went for a ride last nite back home at a local track, and i couldn't even get the starter button to work at all, regardless of gear or clutch lever position.

neutral switch? something in the clutch lever? i've gone over all the connections and they look good... so i am stumped.

aDviSol2y
07-28-2009, 08:14 AM
My bike always has issues starting in gear with the clutch in......... I am not sure why. It has really hard starts and it seems to be worse when its warm. I put it in nuetral and it fires right up. I know this is not an answer to your question, but I thought I might let you know that you are not the only one.

Pabst_Powered
07-28-2009, 08:50 AM
mines doing same and its the starter relay, couple taps on it and fires right up, this could be your problem

DirtMonkey
07-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Yeah and maybe trace your wires to see if anything else could be the culprit just to make sure, but I am sure you know this.:)

mcgrath
07-28-2009, 07:10 PM
if you tap the relay and it doesnt work. try jumping it with a screwdriver, then you will know for sure.

Gibson
07-28-2009, 07:41 PM
it sounds like it might be the clutch sensor at the clutch lever, or your neutral sensor right below your shifter.