PDA

View Full Version : homemade beadlocks

jpfmotors
07-28-2009, 07:39 AM
i was going to start a little project and just looking for suggestions. i am looking to make a set of 8inch beadlocks I would use them for ice racing and a very small amount of mx. i have a set of old steal wheels and was going to weld on an out side ring and bolt it together with another with the tire inbetween them. I was wondering if anyone thinks that they will be to heavy and how many bolts to use in the ring. ii guess the weight factore is my biggest thing i dont know how it would affect my quad. i would do it to an aluminum wheel but i dont have a tig availible and dont know how much it would cost to have someone weld it for me. any info would be awsome.

hendershot106
07-28-2009, 11:48 AM
just save up 125 bucks and buy a used set of beadlocks.... you will have more time screwing around trying to make them...and money in materials than that....

Scro
07-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by hendershot106
just save up 125 bucks and buy a used set of beadlocks.... you will have more time screwing around trying to make them...and money in materials than that....

x2. It will make the wheel too wide, and it may not even hold air.

hendershot106
07-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Scro
x2. It will make the wheel too wide, and it may not even hold air.

let alone how unsafe uncertified welds would be... what happens when a wheel snaps during the 2nd or 3rd time you take it too the track????

jpfmotors
07-28-2009, 12:36 PM
i have been looking for a used set and could not find them thats why i thought of making a pair just dont have the money to buy like new. owell it was a good thought though

hendershot106
07-28-2009, 12:39 PM
just keep an eye out in atvriders classified honda section... and suzuki and kawi sections for rear sport bike wheels.... they are all the same bolt pattern.... 4 110 i just sold a set on ebay for 130...

Jersey450R
07-29-2009, 03:38 PM
burgard beadlocks are douglas red-labels and they weld on their own rings. give it a shot dude.