PDA

View Full Version : getting white riding gear clean????

Les Davis
07-27-2009, 10:03 PM
So it wasnt the best idea in the world but I got a great deal on some white Troy Lee riding gear...only catch, the red clay of Breezewood stains the hell out of all my riding gear. I've tried everything to remove the stains. I've tried everything I know of so far.

Anyone had luck getting white gear clean?

07-27-2009, 10:06 PM
I think I've found the only solution so far... Buy new gear. :ermm:

RIDEREDson
07-28-2009, 04:06 AM
I use stain stick on mine. Rub it all over and let it sit and soak in for a while. Then just throw it in the wash.

XCRacer236
07-28-2009, 08:07 AM
spray n wash with that extra additive thing. forget what its called. works awesome for me.

oldquadridr
07-28-2009, 08:16 AM
i hose mine off asap and then soak in Oxy clean before i put it in the wash....and i add more oxy clean to the washer...not 100% but it does the best of everything else i tried

Scottt89
07-28-2009, 08:40 AM
I would try spraying them down with Simple Green and either hitting them with a low pressure washer setting then spray some more and wash it by itself. Or you can try some simplegreen and throw it straight in the wash. I would consider going to a Laundrymat if it is heavy mudd.

07-28-2009, 08:51 AM
i pour bleach on mine then let it sit and soak and then put it in washier

KH426
07-28-2009, 05:08 PM
spray off the heavy stuff then soak it in simple green.

ricksmx865
07-28-2009, 05:10 PM
simple green/pressure wash.

Then of course throw them in the washer just like normal.
Keeps my whites whiter and my brights brighter :devil: lol

fastredrider44
07-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Regaurdless of what you try, don't put it in the dryer if you don't have the stains out. The heat will set the stains, then your done. But yeah, spray the heavy stuff off, soak it in simple green, 409, purple power, bleache white, or whatever, and throw it in the wash just like anything else.

winters126
07-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by oldquadridr
i hose mine off asap and then soak in Oxy clean before i put it in the wash....and i add more oxy clean to the washer...not 100% but it does the best of everything else i tried

this is what I do and it works like a charm. I soak it in oxyclean for at least 4 hours and sometimes even overnight. Rinse. Then add the detergent and a scoop or two more of oxyclean and wash it in the heavy cycle. My white gear still looks brand new and it's been through many mud races and Breezewood mud, too.

Les Davis
07-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks for all the feedback everyone....I'm gonna go soak everything in Oxy Clean again. Was using that and Liquid Performance/Simple Green with no luck but maybe I wasnt soaking it long enough.

Thanks Again.

dgmiller
05-31-2011, 02:52 PM
i'm needing help with stains in my new riding gear i washed it and it was terrible so i sprayed it with spray and wash and soaked it 24 hours then washed it agin its better but not white yet any thoughts?

CJM
05-31-2011, 03:09 PM
Carpet cleaner.

Get the carpet cleaner, spray some on the stains and rub the stains with the clothes, then get some HOT water, soak the clothes in it with some carpet cleaner in there for like 24 hrs.

Then wash normally.

That dont work, try some simple green.

dgmiller
05-31-2011, 03:17 PM
i had some simple green here at the house so i'm soaking them now i sure hope this works. :mad:

bracey
05-31-2011, 03:55 PM
we always hit ours with the pressure washer and then wash it in the washing machine works great

Mxjunkie
05-31-2011, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Les Davis
So it wasnt the best idea in the world but I got a great deal on some white Troy Lee riding gear...only catch, the red clay of Breezewood stains the hell out of all my riding gear. I've tried everything to remove the stains. I've tried everything I know of so far.

Anyone had luck getting white gear clean?

Yeaaaaaah Breezewood clay made my brand new ricky charmichael berniks all brown n red looking but the fun I had doing it... to hell with them being clean I'll rock em still lol :D

KXRida
06-02-2011, 04:28 AM
I have white TLD gear too. Best thing to do it wash it as soon as you can. I would stain stick it, then let it soak in either a 5 gallon bucket or the washer with a mix of oxyclean, a commercial degreaser, and detergent. Works fairly decent.

madskrillz2
06-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by oldquadridr

Yeah this is the best method I've found so far. I've got the Shift white leopard print gear so I might cry if it got stained.

dgmiller
06-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Well after 3 washing its a lot better. First I washed then I soaked it in shout then washed again then soaked in simple green for 2 days then soaked in oxy for 12 hours then washed again with oxy and detergent. Its better not perfect but better. I new I shouldn't of wore my new gear but it doesn't even have that much white in it. :ermm:

madskrillz2
06-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by dgmiller
Well after 3 washing its a lot better. First I washed then I soaked it in shout then washed again then soaked in simple green for 2 days then soaked in oxy for 12 hours then washed again with oxy and detergent. Its better not perfect but better. I new I shouldn't of wore my new gear but it doesn't even have that much white in it. :ermm:

Honestly you're never gonna get it TOTALLY spotless. I mean it is riding gear lol. Mine has a few spots but the only was you'd see it is if you were looking for spots and holding it 5 inches from your face.

quad2xtreme
06-05-2011, 04:56 PM
I powerwash jerseys and pants and always amazed how it takes the stains out and doesn't ruin the jersey or pants. I hit them pretty darn hard with the nozzle really close. Dunk taught me to just throw goggles in the wash too. You'd think it would tear up the foam but it doesn't. I am tempted to put my boots, chest protector, and helmet in the wash machine. :p

Aarons 01 400EX
06-06-2011, 12:48 AM
My wife does a pretty good job of getting my gear clean... :D