PDA

View Full Version : 100LL Fuel ?'s

nailbender
07-27-2009, 07:45 PM
I searched and read some of the other forumns on this topic but didnt find a definite answer. Is it safe to run a tank or two through it and see if it makes a difference. The only reason Im thinking about trying it out is I think I can hear a little pinging at low rpm's. I dont know much about the motor. It doesnt smoke and the plug is clean and dark grey. Any help would be appreciated.

honda400ex2003
07-27-2009, 08:13 PM
i would say that it should do some good. it should keep it cooler with the lead in it and should probably make it so it does not ping. your plug may load up with some lead on it but it should not be bad. just my .02 though, since i have never actually used it, just read about it. steve

Wheelie
07-27-2009, 08:47 PM
I ran 100LL in my quad for dune use for several years and it worked great. It's a good alternative to race fuel, however, 50/50 race gas/premium seemed to make my quad perform slightly better than straight 100LL.

Couple things to be aware of with AvGas: You may want to bump up one size on the main jet due to Avgas being slightly lighter than pump fuel. Also, the inside of the exhaust will turn white--this is normal. It's smells killer as well.

F-16Guy
07-28-2009, 08:24 AM
I ran 50/50 100LL and premium at the dunes with my 11:1 setup. It works great and is a lot cheaper, in most cases, than race fuel. If you dilute it with premium, you won't have as much lead build up. I kept my jetting the same and didn't notice any problems or difference in performance.

Zeb400EX
07-29-2009, 01:36 AM
I 've ran 100LL 50/50 and straight and had good results. It will start a lot easier too. I would check your valve adjustments too.