PDA

View Full Version : Works Shocks Questions

Snipe
07-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Alright currently im running a set of 450R shocks. I am wanting to know I have found 2 sets 1 older set 5 to 10 years old that were takin off a ridin 400ex they have rezzie's and are in working order, 1 set that is brand new without rezzies. My question is what set would you buy there is $100 difference between the 2 sets with the ones with the rezzie's being cheaper.

There both triple rate springs what set would be best or would I be better off having the 450R revalved and later on buying a set of triple rate springs?

Snipe
07-27-2009, 05:44 PM
No one have any thoughts on this?

hondaking52
07-27-2009, 06:58 PM
well how much are the works?, if i were you i'd save and get the 450r's redone, chances are ur gona get the works valved anyways.....

Snipe
07-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Well I couldnt let them go, He said there in working order there just used looking. So as long as there not leaking oil I should be alright. I bought the ones with the rezzies paid $174 shipped there triple rated springs and I have sold my 450R shocks to my dad for his 400ex if not ill post them on ebay I could get close to that out of them on there. If they need revalved I have 2 backup sets of OEM shocks to run till there done but hey for $174 I couldnt let them go.

Snipe
07-27-2009, 07:12 PM
The other set without rezzies were $249 plus shipping and the auction hadnt ended it had no bids. But the price on these were to cheap.

I have watched 3 sets of shocks end this week and died everytime they did. A set of elka's sold for $171 plus shipping another set of works sold for around $200 and I just watched a full set of 3 pep shocks sell for $300 even!! 1 person bid on them.

The rear pep was ment for TT racing for a -2 swingarm with no linkage and didnt know if I could resale it or not.

I think I did, well I hope I did good lol