PDA

View Full Version : Painting exhaust?

Crazy lil punk
07-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Hey guys,
I bought a ****ty HMF off ebay, I have it all apart now to re-pack it and refinish it. MY question is, can i spray paint the outter HMF can and the end cap, or will i have to get them PC'd because of the heat? I will be sure to post pics when I am done either way, my 450r is really comming together nicely.
thanks, Joe

07-27-2009, 10:19 AM
BBQ grill paint it. then put it back together put it on let it run for like 10 minutes then cool down all the way and do that like 5 times. it holds up great my brother just did his sparks headpipe.

austin

Scro
07-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Either do the grill paint like suggested, or PC. Paint won't hold up to the heat. Now for the headpipe, I like to sandblast and go over it with a wire wheel. It gives it a nice shiny, chrome look, and you don't have to worry about anything stripping off because of the heat.

BlaineKaiser450
07-27-2009, 11:22 AM
i would personally PC it. Theres a guy near me who can do it for like 20 bucks so it wouldnt cost THAT much more than painting

Crazy lil punk
07-27-2009, 10:14 PM
thanks for the headsup guys. I will be going with PC, unless I can sand her down to bare and polish her up :)

scary132
07-28-2009, 09:13 AM
I've used the Duplicolor High-heat paint w/ceramic. They have it at Advanced Auto or Auto Zone (or anywhere that sell the Duplicolor rattle cans). Did one with black and one with the aluminum color. Both turned out great and have lasted well. I'm sure PC is better, but for the price...