PDA

View Full Version : any suggestions?

nj1978
07-26-2009, 11:49 PM
ok my first problem is i cant get my battery to kick over. its a new batt and when it first started dying it would try and start a few time then nothing.it tried less and less and now it doesnt even make a clicking sound.my lights kinda come on really dim but then nothing else.?and the second thing is my skid plate keeps coming off. i got the quad with no plate and the holes riped forward like what ever got caught under there ripped everything out. i retapped 3 out of 4 of them and put in 3/8 by 3/4 nuts with lock washers and put lock tite on it.the thing still manages to rock itself loose.i ended having to tighten them all day and then everntually it fell off.i was going to up a size and retap it but am afraid that the same thing is going to happen.any suggestions for either is really appreciated.

bigbad400
07-27-2009, 07:40 AM
mine has like a a bolt that goes to a piece that pinches the frame, try using u bolts and some small plates, if it still vibrates off skrew up the threads after u tighten it down, weld the bolt to the nut so it can be cut but still wont go. thats what id do.

nj1978
07-27-2009, 08:27 AM
do you think you could show a pic?

bigbad400
07-27-2009, 10:02 AM
im sorry your talking about the rear skid right? i thaught you were talking about the belly skid... that doesnt use bolts with nuts it just threads into the swingarm... the belly skid would use u bolts. sorry for the confusion.

on the battery note try wire brushing or filing the conections at the ground and the pos and neg terminals. could be something else but make sure your connections are clean.

nj1978
07-27-2009, 10:31 PM
checked them and there good.wondering if it could be something else like the stator or something.it has to be something draining the battery cause it should be charging as i right shouldnt it?or at least charging it enough to start it again