PDA

View Full Version : My review

logangsxr998
07-26-2009, 08:21 PM
First let me start by saying I am not a pro. I am a weekend warrior that just enjoys racing here and there at local tracks when I can. I had my 1st race this weekend on my 505. It is stock except for a FMF slip, on a little air box modding, a new cdi and some carb work. Although the work was done by a professional who works everyday with KTM's, so it was spot on. For comparision I have owned 2 YFZ's, a full Baldwin TRX, and currently a pretty stock LTR. After my first night of racing I have to say this is the best quad I have ever ridden. The power is right on par with the Honda I had and my be stronger. Its hard to remember because that was a year ago on the Honda. The big difference is the handling. The Honda had a tendancy to push though the turn and was sometimes difficult to get to go exactly where I want. I had a walsh front end with PEP suspention. Not the KTM though. Where I pointed it it went. And the suspension was great. Yes it could be better, but never more than I would need. Unless you are elite you should be completely satified with the suspention. The Suzuki was a decent bike but not near what the KTM is. You can't really compare them. The KTM is so much more advanced. As for the yamaha, they suck. You couldn't give me a Yam. If you did I would trade it for a CR50 used. For the money I have to say you can not build a better quad for even close to the price. Best decision I ever made. I don't have to do anything else to it and its better than most highly build quads out there.

miles Machine
07-26-2009, 08:35 PM
good review...i deff agree with you on that yamaha thing

1Rockey1
07-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Congrats on the new 505! Good review there. What part of Ohio are you in? Im near Cincinnati and curious where the guy that works on KTM lives also.

logangsxr998
07-27-2009, 08:11 PM
I live in Uniontown Ohio. Its between Akron and Canton.

Quadevil
07-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Yep i agree with you on that.
KTM is a superb quad and as hard as people could find it, you can't build a better overall quad with 11G in your pocket. That's the bottom line lol

1Rockey1
07-29-2009, 06:58 PM
If you shop around you will find some dealers with leftover 08 450XC that will let them go for about $6000.00. The SX's still fetch pretty high dollar amounts.