PDA

View Full Version : port job on banshee

greenskin77
07-26-2009, 07:29 PM
hey guys my banshee just blew a piston apart a ring must have broke and jammed up against the head dinging it all to [pices at least it didnt mess my crank up this time what cases this its happen severl time to me not ofet like once ever 2 years or so riding oncea weekend.
well when i tor eit aprt i was looking at my pipe an the hole was alomst close shut with carbon bulid up i bet this had somthing to do with [power wouldent it ?

and the importnat part of this thread the port job,, itis odd to me maybe you can tell me wich port it is
with the jug off looking at the bottem it ports on the side are well shaved off the middel piece on the same port is filed down nice and sharp like they should be but arent those just water ports?

and the intake were the reeds bolts on . the middel piece there is nice and sharp to were it has been shparen to a point prolbe for smooth gas flow. that is it no other port work so wis this a normal port job???
now could i just smooth the edges off of the port on the inside of the jug would that hurt anything they have never been touched

and i have boysen reeds i was looking at them ad they have a cross shape cage on the inside the gas hits the cross and separtes as it hit the reeds could i sharpen the cross section up for better smooth gas flow ??
i got a few days before my piston to get here so any help would be nice . thanks

07-28-2009, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by greenskin77
hey guys my banshee just blew a piston apart a ring must have broke and jammed up against the head dinging it all to [pices at least it didnt mess my crank up this time what cases this its happen severl time to me not ofet like once ever 2 years or so riding oncea weekend.
well when i tor eit aprt i was looking at my pipe an the hole was alomst close shut with carbon bulid up i bet this had somthing to do with [power wouldent it ?

and the importnat part of this thread the port job,, itis odd to me maybe you can tell me wich port it is
with the jug off looking at the bottem it ports on the side are well shaved off the middel piece on the same port is filed down nice and sharp like they should be but arent those just water ports?

and the intake were the reeds bolts on . the middel piece there is nice and sharp to were it has been shparen to a point prolbe for smooth gas flow. that is it no other port work so wis this a normal port job???
now could i just smooth the edges off of the port on the inside of the jug would that hurt anything they have never been touched

and i have boysen reeds i was looking at them ad they have a cross shape cage on the inside the gas hits the cross and separtes as it hit the reeds could i sharpen the cross section up for better smooth gas flow ??
i got a few days before my piston to get here so any help would be nice . thanks

Whenever you have a ported engine, the life-span of the engine shrinks. What happens is when the piston gets ever-so-slightly piston slap, since the ports are bigger the rings are able to catch on the ports.

But I can't answer all your questions. Sign up over on hillclimbers forum, there's some REALLY knowledgeable guys over there. I'm DMC-Banshee350 there

greenskin77
07-28-2009, 08:11 AM
ok thanks i will check tha site out and try to rewrite my thread so people can nderstand it a littil better thats whats happens when i post it while i am in my sleep lol.
thats whats funny there is no porting wrk on the inside of the jug just underneth it and n the intake chamber
but i had the piston problem on none ported banshee to ring break lose and slap againt the head one time it went into the crank wich really sucked had to replace the crank and all still wasent as bad and costly as a 4 storke could have been lol.