PDA

View Full Version : BTM (Big Tex Motorsports)

PoorBoyz
07-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Anyone ever heard anything or had a BTM (www.bigtexmotorsports.com) 50 Widetrack? I was interested in one, but don't know much about Zongshen Engines and can't find much about them either. Any info would be greatly appriated before I buy.

LT80
07-27-2009, 06:39 AM
It's a China made thang.
Buyer beware. Unless you have nothing better to do with your time but wrench and cuss.

dblacks
07-27-2009, 07:14 AM
looks like a redisgned version of the Typhoon.

Price is right but will fall apart much quicker then you would expect.

PoorBoyz
07-27-2009, 07:26 AM
OK, so I was looking at something not up to par. Any advice on what brand of 50cc quad would be good to start out my 3 yr. old (4 soon) on for racing? I am mostly wanting to get him on the track at a few area fairs and see if he has the interest or not so I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a 50cc if he does not want to race. I currently have him setup on an Eton RX-4 90R with the throttle stop slowing him down, but he only rides around the fields on it.

etondaddy
07-27-2009, 08:07 AM
Look for a used DRR......

Mike Kozura

STOCKRACING917
07-28-2009, 07:25 AM
Ok, LT80, I thought wrench and cuss IS a way of life for all mini quad things. :D You've given me HOPE !!!

LT80
07-29-2009, 07:17 AM
In stock form, most (non chinese) are trouble free.:)

PoorBoyz
07-29-2009, 07:49 AM
OK, I'm past the Chinese stuff already. I've been looking at the DRR's and for the price of a used one vs. a new one, it almost makes good sense to go ahead and pay the price to know I have a new machine under him.

I'm new to this whole ATV racing thing. I've been riding for 28 years, but never really had the interest in racing. My little one has been on an Eton 90 since he was 2, toned way down of course, and he is very competetive with my older boy when just riding around the fields so I figure I will let him try racing and see if it is something he wants to do.

What all recommendations do any of you have for me to get him into this?

We have a fair series (http://www.americanmx.com/) that I thought about letting him run for his first year.

We also have a local Harescramble series (http://humboldthills.com/soccracing.html) that I thought about letting him try as well.

Any info is greatly appreciated and thanks for all your input so far.