PDA

View Full Version : NY riders look here

upstate rider
01-08-2003, 01:21 PM
Various articles and opinion columns are flying around the state of late. Here are some links worth following:

RE: Suffolk County ATV access opinion letters (includes an opportunity to add a response).

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=6559441&BRD=1776&PAG=461&dept_id=213546&rfi=6

RE: Albany Times-Union’s Fred LeBrun— “Time to get ATVs on legal Ground” proposes that ATVers really should be given the tools to develop their own trail system… Is the media leaning toward understanding our circumstances? Remarkable indeed.

http://www.timesunion.com/aspstories/storyprint.asp?storyID=88794

And we’d be remiss if we did not give some room to the pending snowmobile insurance crisis. See the article at http://timesunion.com/aspstories/storyprint.asp?storyID=89168

And follow the latest developments of the situation at http://www.nyssnowassoc.org/ and particularly at http://www.nyssnowassoc.org/publisher/index.shtml#1041971474

upstate rider
01-08-2003, 01:48 PM
I hope some of the members will take the the time read the links. It's sad but this is what were up against to getting trails open in NY. If any of you have been to any of the DEC meetings this is what comes out against us :mad: this is why we need to band together or we will never have a chance :( of having trails open to us.

Ryan
01-08-2003, 01:57 PM
Well all donations to the Blue Ribbon are acceptable. Whatever I am able to do let me know. I think writing letters the the ATVA and letting them know what is going on here in NY might have some effect on this case.

Sparks425Ex
01-08-2003, 02:06 PM
This is so dumb. This is why i never register my quad. They just take the money and put it in places that have nuttin to do with quads.

ridefastrgetoff
01-08-2003, 02:26 PM
We've known for some time now how the "bleeding hearts" are so focused on their own agenda they only see their side of the "Trail". I do not live in N.Y. nor am I fully aware of the terrain or Parks you have there but this is a issue that either is affecting all of us, nationwide, or soon will. Currently, the activists have won battles to take away the ability to enjoy 2-Strokes on the water on many lakes across our nation; the simple answer was to go to Four Strokes but now that's not good enough anymore; now they want to ban them altogether. This is a battle that can be won !

www.mxstates.com

01-08-2003, 03:57 PM
encon came to my house lats winter cuz a guy was testing a 3 wheeler on the side of the road and the guy saw him, my quad was sitting in the lawn in the snow, he goes u gotta register em...im on my own land too....i told him i didnt ride it, he siad how did those tracks get there...i told him we push each other on em, i refuse that my quad is a atv...its a modified race quad and i will not register it i ride my own land, and mx tracks, perhaps a local sandpit, its riduclous , if i had a choice id be living in the south west or down by kentucky

upstate rider
01-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by ridefastrgetoff
This is a battle that can be won !

www.mxstates.com I think your right this battle can be won but it will have tobe in numbers. For those not joined in the Blue Ribbon or some other club even it's a local club should due so. Our leaders in the State want and need your votes , large numbers bend ears.

01-08-2003, 04:05 PM
i didnt even think there was any state trails we can ride on......im not even interested in riding on them...it makes me mad tho....what is there problem with us

Ryan
01-08-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by ridefastrgetoff
We've known for some time now how the "bleeding hearts" are so focused on their own agenda they only see their side of the "Trail". I do not live in N.Y. nor am I fully aware of the terrain or Parks you have there but this is a issue that either is affecting all of us, nationwide, or soon will. Currently, the activists have won battles to take away the ability to enjoy 2-Strokes on the water on many lakes across our nation; the simple answer was to go to Four Strokes but now that's not good enough anymore; now they want to ban them altogether. This is a battle that can be won !

www.mxstates.com

Well said. Anyways, I refuse to register my quad in New York. This is affecting us nation wide but the activist had nothing to do with it. NY decided to take the 5 dollars from each person they have earned and spent it on new hair dryers or some sh**. There was a simple solution to getting rid of 2-strokes but if we have no places to ride then we can't ride, no simple solution in my mind except go to Canada. The Blue Ribbon and the other people out there are fighting to keep our riding areas open and already reopened 33,000 acreas of glamis back up. I read how places are closed down but also see how the blue ribbon is trying to prevent this as much as possible.

We pay our taxes so give us a god da** place to ride! :grr

upstate rider
01-08-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
what is there problem with us It's those that want to band us all together if they could and so far there winning :grr