PDA

View Full Version : 1st day out

700xxOUCH
07-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Bought my 700XX last thursday and took it out today for the very first time. I've had an Outlaw before but wanted a Honda. What a fun machine this is. No problems whatsoever. I went out with my brother and his son, 650 rincon and a Raptor 660. My machine was a little slower off the line than his Raptor, which is has been ported, jetted and a nice exhaust, but I caught up to him pretty quick. I killed him in the trails though throughout the day. Overall both machines are fun but I'm glad I had the IRS, he bent his skid plate trying to keep up with me and we had to stop and fix it as it was rubbing the sprocket. Fun machine but the only problem is, my first ever NEW machine, and I got it dirty today.

My Honda shifts much better than the raptor did and the power to the wheels seemed cleaner too.

vfm2010
07-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Too really enhance the accelleration and low speed ridability switch to a 13 tooth front sprocket (uses the same one as the TRX450R). You won't be disappointed.

This machine is happier when it's dirty.

700xxOUCH
07-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Yeah, that's what I heard. How about the overlay for the EFI, does it make a big difference? How does that affect the warranty, I got the 4 year extended and don't want to hose it.

scuzz
07-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by 700xxOUCH
Yeah, that's what I heard. How about the overlay for the EFI, does it make a big difference? How does that affect the warranty, I got the 4 year extended and don't want to hose it.

BIGTIME.

Especially once you change the filter and ad a slipon.

vfm2010
07-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Like Gary...err I mean SCUZZ said, it's night and day. As far I know no one has ever had a problem with any aftermarket bolt on affecting their warrenty.

Let me add this, If your happy with the amount of power after the sprocket swap turn your attention to the tires esp. the front. A set of Razr 2's will make it turn much better.