PDA

View Full Version : 426 build question

IdahoMX
07-26-2009, 04:41 PM
THe hybrid I am building lost the main crank bearing in it. The case was split and we were going to install new rod and bearings on the original crank. Once it was apart they halves were bad also. Ordered in a new crank from Yamaha of troy for a 2001 YZF426 and installed new bearings and such. Well once we got the lower end put together we realized the stator assmbly and drive gear did not match up. On closer inspection we figured out this was not even the correct crank for a 426. It fits great in the case but all the extras dont match up. The only thing I can figure is they sent a 450 crank instead but do not know at this point. With the lower half already put togther I really hate to split it again but it may have to be. I was wondering if anybody had an Idea what I am running into here.

markvette
07-27-2009, 08:32 PM
the cranks are different for the 2000 and 2001 426 motors,

Mark

IdahoMX
07-27-2009, 08:48 PM
THrew some research today I find out that they have 2 diffrent style cranks that verge on the same year depending on when it was built. A thicker version and a thinner. I have the thicker and I need the thinner. I dont have the original box that it came in so I am fighting them on taking it back to get the correct part.

woodsracer144
08-09-2009, 08:56 PM
do it... i havnt had good luck with them a guy i know got a 450r crank from them and they sent acyl and piston so then they said they would give him half off and then they send 2 cranks we didnt say anything they need to get their ***** figured out and do things right...