PDA

View Full Version : Produce enough power?...

z400mayhem
07-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Well Im thinking about getting a RT15 warn winch and a Vector computer/speedometer for my 05' 400ex.
Do you think the bike will make enough power to power both of these?
Thanks.

z400mayhem
07-26-2009, 04:21 PM
bump..

rob_990
07-26-2009, 06:40 PM
if you leave it running while your using them it should

timmersam
07-26-2009, 08:05 PM
I had a buddy who put in a horn, two strips of LED lights, and electric hand warmers on his quad and it ran off the battery fine as long as it was running.

Sam

Ba9801
07-26-2009, 08:13 PM
I have the Warn RT15 on my 400ex and I have no problems running it while the bike is off or running. The magneto creates more than enough to recharge the battery quickly. Also you are not using the winch all the time so it should never really be a problem, as for the Vector, I dont think it will have nearly enough draw on the system to even notice it is there. My friend has one on his and has not had any problems with it. Just remember if you have a weak battery to start with you will always have a problems no matter what accessories you have.

z400mayhem
07-27-2009, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Ba9801
I have the Warn RT15 on my 400ex and I have no problems running it while the bike is off or running. The magneto creates more than enough to recharge the battery quickly. Also you are not using the winch all the time so it should never really be a problem, as for the Vector, I dont think it will have nearly enough draw on the system to even notice it is there. My friend has one on his and has not had any problems with it. Just remember if you have a weak battery to start with you will always have a problems no matter what accessories you have.

If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for the winch, and the mounting kit ?

Ba9801
07-27-2009, 06:54 AM
$250.00
Just search around on the internet for the best pricing w/shipping. I got the winch and mount from 2 different places. The mount came from Rockey Mountain ATV. Also try http://www.gowarn.com/

marineco
07-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi guys, first post here, hopefully it is in the thread i wanted. so now that we have decided there is enough power for the winch, i was wondering if the rear grab rail would be strong enough to do a rear mount. i know there is a warn mount for the front, but i was thinking of doing some sort of quick disconnect thing in case i want to winch it out from the rear.

mcgrath
07-28-2009, 07:14 PM
??? do you guys know how much these machines wheigh? Just pick the frickin thing up.

Talontyme
07-28-2009, 07:34 PM
It is not a matter of just picking it up, if you are in deep mud there is no just picking it up out of it, also if you hit a deep hole in a creek you are going to have a hell of a time pulling it out without it. I have used mine on multiple occasions now. I guess it all depends on the area you ride, alot of the stuff we ride is very tight woods with creek crossings. If you are not careful you can get stuck in a sticky situation very quickly. If you are on open trails, dunes, etc.. then I can see not ever needing one. Its also nice to have when needing to recover a broken quad from a raven. You may not be able to just tow the other quad up a steep embankment, but with a winch you have no problems.

bigd's ex
07-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Check out this thread, it might help you .

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=328021&highlight=winch

mcgrath
07-28-2009, 07:47 PM
yeah right on. just givin you a hard time.lol. I try to keep out of the deep stuff so if I get hung up in some deep ruts or into the woods I can usually get it out without too much trouble.