PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

aimo007
07-26-2009, 09:23 AM
HAVE DRR 90 08 L/C the quad will start and run good for about one lap then it will start to fatten up to where it wont clean out have had all jetting and cluutching gone throuht problly electrical any ideals have an 07 50 (70 mk) been swapping parts to try to determen prob?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????

pnbsdad
07-26-2009, 06:43 PM
why dont you just come over and get the 90 engine i have and see how it works for ya

Logan #34's Dad
07-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Sounds like carb to me. Electical is usually all the time. Try adjusting the needle. Just an idea.

oldschoolyamaha
07-28-2009, 07:41 PM
I have an 08 DRR 70cc. It would start and run pretty good for one lap, then it would load up and die. It would take about 20 kicks to get it started and it would sound like crap, spitting and sputtering until it would clean itself out. I replaced the carb, stator, coil, cdi, gas tank, pipe, rollers, clutch, gas cap, spark plug cap and reeds, cage and belt with no luck on fixing the problem. I also changed the fuel line to clear tubing. Last weekend my son took it out to practice and it lasted for about 2 laps and died. He had to be towed back into camp by buddy of mine who noticed that there was no fuel in the petcock to carb fuel line. I bypassed the petcock and went directly from the carb to the tank. I changed the spark plug and the bike fired right up and ran perfectly. He raced 2 motos and the problem did not occur again. I cant expalin why this happend as it happend with two completely different tanks with different petcocks, but I will bypass all of the petcocks on my other three bikes so this doesnt happen again. Just a thought for you.... Thanks

dblacks
07-28-2009, 07:56 PM
if it is a stock coil I have heard of some needing to have the plug gapped perfect at all times. can't recall what the gap was. Nichols will know as I think he has this issue with his.

Nichols Atvs
07-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Plug i run is a BR9EIX gapped at .017 make sure also that all the wires coming out of the stator going to the cdi are plugged in and have a tight connection . If you have not removed the whole wiring harness do so . Heard f the petcock thing also pull off the hose off carb and turn on petcock should be s steady stream.

JAG Motosports
07-29-2009, 09:26 AM
We also had a petcock problem. When I would check the flow it appeared to flow pretty good. The problem was it wasn't good enough. When he was full throttle for a while the flow couldn't keep up and he would run out of gas. I tried cleaning the petcock and it would for a short time. Ran the gas direct with a manual on/off. Problem solved.

bignasty
07-29-2009, 09:49 AM
We had a problem with the vent tube on the gas cap. the check valve inside wouldn't vent any air into the tank and created a vacuum like issue. the fuel wouldn't come out of the tank until you unscrewed the cap.

tntauto1127
07-29-2009, 09:56 AM
We just had the petcock issue on our one 50. Flow looked OK until I took the line off our other 50 and compared the 2. Big difference. When I took the petcock apart the rubber gasket inside was ripped and blocked the opening when you turned the gas on. Changed the petcock and fixed our issue.

bulldogfallon
07-29-2009, 03:41 PM
I think plug gap on the iridium plugs are different than on the std plugs

weldr383
07-30-2009, 08:55 PM
i had the same problem with my sons 90.running out of fuel.i tested the fuel flow staight off the tank and it took 8 seconds to fill a 4oz cup.i checked it at the carb and it took 21seconds to fill the 4oz cup.next i took the petcock and checked it with a drill bit. 1/8in bit would fit in the inlet side but too big for the out let side.so took the petcock apart and drilled it out with a 3\16in bit.that was the biggest i could go with out cutting threw the side walls.put every thing back together and tested fuel flow and got the 4oz cup to fill in 13 seconds.problem gone.