PDA

View Full Version : rocker arms replacment need help need this build done tomorrow

m0t0xk1d
07-25-2009, 11:31 PM
ok well i got a service manuall which is good in someaspects its says to remove the rocker arms but it doesnt say how to remove rocker arms. i got the dowels pins out( which in the manual it says use dowel pin remover (not available in usa) but how do i get the frickens shafts out that hold the rocker arms? it just says remove them. well thats no help. but i need this done tomoro only thing my engine bilder didnt do. so how do i remove the shafts?

Bama
09-19-2009, 05:22 PM
I wanna know how you got the dowel pins out?

m0t0xk1d
09-19-2009, 05:36 PM
well my dad and i first notched them and then put a clamp on the notched parts . the clamp had a like long dowel on the end with a nut that screws on the end. we took the nut off then took a big like 1 inche size socket and put it on the dowel. (like the dowel went thru the hole on the socket. then we put the nut on. then grab the socket and as hard as you can jam that socket against the nut. it works slowly but it really works. helps it you heat it up with a torch