PDA

View Full Version : I thought wrong..

hondaracer_34
07-25-2009, 06:54 PM
So i dont know if alot of you have had problems with the sprockets but i have and im sick of this thing. Dont get me wrong, the motor is great, just the sprockets keep breaking. Ive put bigger bolts in, still didnt work. I have gone through my 4th set of sprockets already, 1 hub, 1 chain, and bolts lol. Finally, the chain snapped and it busted the inner case under the shifter. So now im in the market for a new quad. Test road an 09 Can Am ds 450, lacks bottom end but top end is great, but that can be fixed. Gonna ride the new 09 yfzr Monday. Anyone have any suggestions on what i should do about the Kawi sprocket problems because im keeping it as a trail bike.?

JParisi48
07-26-2009, 01:27 AM
what exactly happens? ive heard of problems but im confused, wont an aftermarket sprocket, with bigger bolts fix this?

KFX450Rrider490
07-26-2009, 07:22 AM
ive only heard one other story of this on the hq it realy doesnt make sense??
my stockers are still holding up great
what is actually breaking the
bolts???
sprockets ??

racing36w
07-26-2009, 08:32 AM
I had the exact same problem last year. I think I went through 4 sprockets. Finally I bought a lonestar hub, new chain, and new stock bolts. So far this year I have not had a problem. I think (and I may be wrong) when start changing gearing the bolts vibrate loose and thats where the problem occurs. I lock tighted mine in and so far so good. If this happens to me again I am going to see if I can switch this to a honda hub. Honda's bolts are far bigger and might hold up a little better. Don't know if this info helps at all.

hondaracer_34
07-26-2009, 08:47 AM
Ive had 2 stock sprockets, a TAG, and a Sunstar. I have put bigger bolts in and it didnt work. I think its the hub that is the problem, i could be wrong though. So ill try out a different hub and see what happens.

born2ride14
08-06-2009, 09:38 PM
bigger bolts dont do much good if they are no harder

hondaracer_34
08-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Honda sprocket hub bolts are much beefier and are stronger in my opinion. Im trying to find out if a trx450r sprocket hub will fit from lonestar.

Jessem24
08-14-2009, 08:39 AM
The problem is that its a kawasucki :devil:

08mxkfx
08-14-2009, 12:19 PM
it must you that is doing something wrong. Cause i have close to a 55hp motor and im running the stock rear sprocket and i havent had any problems with it since i bought the quad in may of 2007 and i race motocross. You must not be locktiting the bolts on and they are coming loose cause the sprocket to break. When it breaks are all 4 bolts still bolted on?

250racer2010
08-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by hondaracer_34
So i dont know if alot of you have had problems with the sprockets but i have and im sick of this thing. Dont get me wrong, the motor is great, just the sprockets keep breaking. Ive put bigger bolts in, still didnt work. I have gone through my 4th set of sprockets already, 1 hub, 1 chain, and bolts lol. Finally, the chain snapped and it busted the inner case under the shifter. So now im in the market for a new quad. Test road an 09 Can Am ds 450, lacks bottom end but top end is great, but that can be fixed. Gonna ride the new 09 yfzr Monday. Anyone have any suggestions on what i should do about the Kawi sprocket problems because im keeping it as a trail bike.?

wat u have to do is put a steel sproket on it with titanium bolts my friend who races xc has broke 2 sprokets in 4 races. just a lil insite on the can am if u race ur prolly gonna brake the frame. my friend has an 09 ds 450x xc and has broke his frame twice. just a headsup

hondaracer_34
08-15-2009, 11:44 AM
When it breaks most of the time only 2 bolts are in and i am locktiting them. I had a steel Sunstar sprocket on and it cracked it and broke it in 1 spot. Im gonna stick with the Kawi. I just need to get a new axle/ hub.

braybray08
08-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by hondaracer_34
When it breaks most of the time only 2 bolts are in and i am locktiting them. I had a steel Sunstar sprocket on and it cracked it and broke it in 1 spot. Im gonna stick with the Kawi. I just need to get a new axle/ hub.

Jesse, this is Braden, switch brands..... Cheap budget for mx=yfzr with few upgrades

fili
08-21-2009, 09:39 PM
if he was smart, he wld just buy my other honda 450r off me. =) you know you want a honda back...haha.

hondaracer_34
08-23-2009, 12:56 PM
haha i cant afford a new quad at the moment, but as soon as i can the Kawi is gone and im gonna go to the new Yami. Id go back to honda but i dont like how they feel.