PDA

View Full Version : carb problems

pitkendall
07-25-2009, 06:31 PM
ok guys im still haven trouble with this 300ex not running right on the topend it idles a at slow speed runs fine but as it revs higher it falls on its face ive jetted it from stock 120 all the way to a 165 the thing is its all stock except it has a super trapp slip on and a k&n filter and open airbox if u take the intake tube off it as u rev it the filter side of the carb will spit raw gas out on your hand no matter what jet it has in it im stumped its like its runnin fat but it should be runnin lean with stock jets in it please help if you can

m0t0xk1d
07-25-2009, 09:21 PM
i would take you whole carb apart and clean everything and put a 130 in it that new ethanol gas gums carbs up quick

pitkendall
07-26-2009, 09:36 AM
yeah ive taken it apart and cleaned it bout 5 times now thinkin i may have missed somethin and put a 130 jet in it and still no change im scared that its something else becouse he had a loose timming chain and of course before he decided to fix it the thing poped off while riding it so im hopen it aint a bent valve or something like that ive tried everything i can think of its almost like a rev limmiter or something is activating kinda like my z400 when in reverse

pitkendall
07-31-2009, 08:53 AM
found it guys i took the rocker box off the top of the motor and the cam was out oabout 3 teeth so i put it dead on and it fires up and runs great i was pulling my hair out tryin to figure this thing out and just said forget it im gonna tear it down luckily thats all it was thanks for the help