PDA

View Full Version : Moose/Terry cable Dual Gasser

87fourtrax
07-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Does anybody have a dual gaser installed on their R? Was it easy??? Does it work good??? thanks...:confused:

deathman53
07-25-2009, 04:18 PM
I've had one for a few years. Easy to install, and much easier to get the cable latched inside vs stock thumb. You need to move the brake lever some, its not a small unit. The thumb throttle seams alittle awkward to use. I mostly use the twist and my other atv's are only twist. You need a set of dirtbike grips also. To make the thumb better, I had to trim the "donut" to the shape of the unit. I don't know if its worth it unless you switch between them alot or others who use both ride your bike. I will not buy another one for sure, motion pro cr twists for me @ 1/4 the price.

87fourtrax
07-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the info. Do you think hand guards will fit??? My handle bars are pretty full already.... oh and is the thumb throttle softer than stock?

deathman53
07-26-2009, 01:32 PM
hand guards will fit, I don't know if its softer than stock, I'm using a aftermarket carb and it probably has a stiffer spring than stock. It is fairly easy, I don't like thumbs at all, any and all thumbs are stiff to me.