PDA

View Full Version : No rear brakes.

FL-R
07-25-2009, 12:13 PM
They worked great when I bought it back from my buddie, I bought a braided line for the rear and have not been able to bleed the damn thing out. Any ideas

skyhighatv
07-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Im in the same boat at the moment,had a stainless line and developed a hole,now im back to the stocker and have no pressure,i believe it to be a bad rear master cylinder. Anybody know of any rebuild kits instead of buying parts individualy from honda?

deathman53
07-25-2009, 04:22 PM
honda sells everything you need to rebuild it, in one package

43520-MB2-305 PISTON SET
Oem cost Service honda cost

34.45 25.96

deathman53
07-25-2009, 04:35 PM
did you try to vacuum bleed it or push the fluid in from the caliper? I had stuff be a nightmare to bleed. Go to a animal feed place and get a syringe and hose that fits on the bleeder. I have to do my hydraulic clutches.

skyeryder
07-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
did you try to vacuum bleed it or push the fluid in from the caliper? I had stuff be a nightmare to bleed. Go to a animal feed place and get a syringe and hose that fits on the bleeder. I have to do my hydraulic clutches.

Same prob switch over to 450r rear parts, might have to try this..

timmersam
07-26-2009, 07:50 PM
I had real trouble with my front brakes when I put new lines on. I talked to a buddy who is a mechanic and he suggested that I leave the resivoir cap off, let it settle out and slowly pump the brakes too see the bubbles come up. It took a couple days but I finally got pressure in the system.

Sam

RyanWsly
07-26-2009, 09:14 PM
leave the cap off, leave the bleed screw open, keep the it full of fluid till it comes out the bleed screw, gravity bleeding is time consuming but will get most of the air out, must keep system full while doing it, find something else to do and check it bout ever 10 min. or so, then pump it and bleed it like you normally would. other option is vacuum bleeding already mentioned.