PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Honda 250ex

ryanh250ex
07-24-2009, 05:29 PM
I am the original owner, bought it new from Island Cycles in Staten Island. This bike is in EXCELLENT mechanical condition, and ready to ride. It has roughly 100 hours total time on it. (Approx 30 rides)

The bike has some basic modifications:

* DG Alloy Series Nerf Bars w/ Black Netting
* Pro Circuit T-4 Header
* Pro Circuit T-4 Header-back exhaust (i.e. slip-on)
* Maxxis Razr rear tires (22x11x9) on Douglass .190 Aluminum Wheels
* UNI Air Filter

The bike is much peppier and more enjoyable to ride with these modifications. The carburetor has also been tuned to match the additional airflow going in and out of the motor. It starts with no choke on the 1st or 2nd crank regardless of temperature.

I have done the following maintenance:

* New Battery 7/09
* Clutch Adjustment 7/09
* Valve Adjustment
* Frequent (every 3 rides) oil changes with synthetic oil
* Rear differential oil changed every 2 years
* New Axle bearings/ Drum brake inspection
* Silencer repacked once every 18 months

My 250 does not squeak over bumps like most other 250EX's I have seen, I have personally greased the suspension!

I have had NO issues whatsoever with this bike, it's been the most reliable machine I have ever owned. There is one small flaw with the bike...one of the front wheels is slightly tweaked from an accident I had some years ago. It does not affect handling at all. I didn't even notice it until very recently.

Cosmetically, the bike is in good shape for a 7 year old trail bike, but it does have scratches. No breaks in the plastic, no zip-ties, etc.

Title is clear. 1500 OBO. Contact me at 732 539 9614 (Ask for Ryan) or hogan9ac@erau.edu . I do have pics.

Serious offers only, no tire kickers bullsh*tters or horsetraders. I will not ship, so local buyers only. I live 1-1.5 hour from both NYC , Staten Island, Atlantic City and Philly.

ryanh250ex
07-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Bike is now on Ebay, auction ends in 6 hours!!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250471480542&viewitem=&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling