PDA

View Full Version : yzf426 in the prp 250r

woodsracer144
07-24-2009, 08:46 AM
well guys the old R motor threw a curve ball at me so i pulled it and have it all tore down... i bailed on plan one (buy a cheap 250r motor and put my crank and cyl and piston in there but im not going to do that any more...) i got a yzf426 and shes gonna go in there im thinkin with in 2 to 3 weeks... i just would like to see how your motors were mounted up in there and if on the 89 style chassis if the motor had to be moved to the left or to the right...

ovalracer44
07-24-2009, 02:28 PM
hey i have done a couple of conversions give me a call and we can discuss it. also have a lonestar crf450 roller that would probably be a easier conversion and maybe we could do some trading on your prp 250r. thanks, jerry 813-532-7174

woodsracer144
07-24-2009, 02:30 PM
done really wanna deal with the crf... i never have liked the trx450r and i dont wanna tell with the crf... i like the yzf i had... i was thinkin about just getting a yzf chassis... i dont really wanna get rid of my prp... i would like to keep it and put a 250r in it for a show type quad... i honestly dont know what to do... but i have a hard time letting things go...

ovalracer44
07-24-2009, 07:42 PM
all i was saying is your prp 88-89 swingarm pivot is solid between the frame. to do the conversion correctly you will need to cut it and buid spacers to make it all work properly. all i was stating is my lonestar crf chassis would be a easier conversion due to the pivot is already cut for the crf or yz motor you would just need to make bushings and spacers. not that you had to run a crf or trx in it. thanks

woodsracer144
07-24-2009, 08:07 PM
oh yeah i see what your talkin about... i didnt mean to insault you... i was thinkin about making the motor sit way foward... but after researching what i had toi just thought i would buy a chassis... i would like to build a 250r up some time soon and i think for now im gonna set my quad back up with a really super cheap 250r motor... something stock and cheap... and then use all the money and then some to build up a yzf426 hybred with a chassis thats already set up for this... if worst comes to worst i'm just gonna end up useing the 400ex chassis... i really dont want to becuase i personally dont thing the handle near a 250r does... the way my quad handles is priceless to me... i've felt nothing like it before and i would like to try out a laegers pro trax set up...

buddy just for you i'm gonna send you a pm so you understand my thinking...

ovalracer44
07-25-2009, 07:52 PM
i sent you a pm

woodsracer144
07-25-2009, 08:05 PM
i havent gotten it yet...