PDA

View Full Version : steering stabilizer

foreman 450
07-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Does the aftermarket steering stabilizer that you can get for the

400ex help the ride of the 4wheeler?

honda400ex2003
07-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Well they dont really help the ride so much as help out the bars. the bars will not jump fast or jar hard. The stabilizer will also probably help with the vibrations too. the stabilizers are made to have varying tensions so that you can make it more or less suspeptible to jarring and action. the tighter they go the less movement they will have but the tighter the bar may be to move. this i am unsure of, as i have never had one to be able to see if it makes a difference on how the bars turn without having them get hit or something. that is my .02 on the stabilizers. i guess this is just an assumption but i think it should be in the right direction for you anyway. If i had the money i would buy one. steve

foreman 450
07-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Steve thats good enuff for me. I got one on the way. Going to try one of the $120 dollar streamlines first. I am gona try and jet my ex simular to yours and see how it runs. Appreciate the info on the stabilizer. Brady

tri5ron
07-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by foreman 450
Does the aftermarket steering stabilizer that you can get for the

400ex help the ride of the 4wheeler? does it help the ride???
if by that, you are referring to the suspension, (shocks), then, no it does not.

if you are asking does the quad ride better?, then the answer is ABSOLUTELY yes ! basically, with the stabilizer,...
The quad will go straight wherever you point it. rocks, ruts, whatever,..it will hold a straight line.

If you can cancel the order on that stick stabilizer,...
then DO IT NOW,...
then go read this thread, and make your decision on which you'd rather have.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=349366&highlight=steering+stabilizer

I'm so impressed with mine, that I'm even going to have the guy custom make one to fit on my wifes 250ex !
I'll never ride again without one, period.
It's that good.

Ba9801
07-23-2009, 09:14 PM
I agree with tri5ron. I also have this stabilizer and it is a world of difference on my bike. The guy is great to deal with as well. If I were you would at least look into it.