PDA

View Full Version : New: and just need a little help

nosfed98z
07-23-2009, 03:57 PM
I just bought a 93 300ex and it has a few things that I don't like done to it. The first thing that I need to fix is it does not have a head light. I was going to put some lights on it from the auto store but I don't know how many watts and things like that that the bike can handle. The second thing that I need to fix are the plastics, they tried to race cut them and failed horribly. I saw a post where someone took 400ex plastics and put those on instead. Do they bolt right up or do you have to modify them? And lastly I was wondering if my sprockets and tire size match, I have 19x10-9 with 13 tooth front and a 38 tooth rear. Any help that i get will greatly help me get to where I want to be. Thanks again

BM@Ronayers
07-24-2009, 06:53 AM
Congrats on the 300. I have 400 fenders on mine and no they do not bolt right up. You actually have to cut and reweld the tabs the hold the seat down because the 300 tabs are closer togther than the 400. The front bolts up a little better but still not spot on. This is the maier 400ex race plastic by the way. I am actually thinking about selling my 400 plastic to put 300 back on mine. With enough time and know how you could make them fit very well but if you are looking to bolt on and go then stick with the 300. As far as the wiring is concerned, I posted a free downloadable service manual a few threads down. That manual will answer alot of questions you have about the watts and whatnot.

rooster300ex
07-24-2009, 07:02 AM
13/38 is the stock gearing, and the stock rear tires are 22in. If u like the accleration and don't need more topend speed then its a good match. If I was u I would put a 14 tooth up front to gear it up just alil more with those 19in.

nosfed98z
07-26-2009, 03:39 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for the help!

rooster300ex
07-27-2009, 06:26 AM
No problem. You will learn alot from this site. The search function is my best friend. More then likely if you have a question about your quad, and you can't find it by searching post your question and somebody will reply like I did.

geo0101
08-08-2009, 12:01 AM
Hey, I removed my stock 300ex headlight, I went to Wall Mart and bought 2 round driving lights for $20.00. They have 55w light bulbs in them. The stock headlight is a 55w bulb. I haven't had a problem running the battery down or anything. I've driven it at night for hours and no problem. I used the switch that is on the bike and wired both the high beam and low beam so that when either one was on the light was on. Works fine and a cheap mod plus I have very bright lights and can see more.