PDA

View Full Version : gncc sparta question

jesshamner
01-08-2003, 12:30 AM
Can spectators take their own quads to the sparta gncc race? I wish I would have known for the ironman. It sucked walking around all day. I am just trying to be prepared for the race in sparta, KY. Thanks:square

465Stroker
01-08-2003, 04:00 AM
I expect Racer Productions to completely outlaw any pit bikes or quads forever this coming year. An ATV took out Rodney Smith and whoever was following him during the last Ironman race. Luckily Smith was able to remount and win the race and Championship.
I myself have had at least 2 close calls with Pit bikes on the track during a race. Especially around mud bogs and hill climbs were the track always widens out because of bottlenecks. Leave them at home - and bring your bicycle.

01-08-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by 465Stroker
I expect Racer Productions to completely outlaw any pit bikes or quads forever this coming year. An ATV took out Rodney Smith and whoever was following him during the last Ironman race. Luckily Smith was able to remount and win the race and Championship.
I myself have had at least 2 close calls with Pit bikes on the track during a race. Especially around mud bogs and hill climbs were the track always widens out because of bottlenecks. Leave them at home - and bring your bicycle.

I have to agree with Rick on this one...the Ironman race was insane regaurding idiots on pitbikes. Nothin better than tryin ta get your crap together for the race and some idiot on a ATC250R is doin wheelies and tryin to break the ground speed record right next to ya.. And yes they scared me pretty good on some long open field runs..crossin the track in front of ya doin 55 MPH..leave the quads at home or better yet,,bring it and race..:D

MEL
01-08-2003, 10:37 AM
leave'em home. at a local race this year, a drunk on a dirt bike went head on with a racer on a quad. dirt bike rider broke both his arms and luckly the quad rider only broke a tie rod end, but couldn't finish the race. if you want to watch, watch. if you want to go and race around, enter the race.

Extremeracer167
01-08-2003, 10:44 AM
thats the best part about going to a GNCC. Take advantage of being able to WALK around the track during the race. Not many other types of races let u do that. I can tell u from racing experiance, ive seen a few CLOSE CALLS with head on collisions cause some stupid WV rednecks were riding there 89TRX200s around with a 6-pack rack and there sister/gilrfriend on the back. Just makes me mad! Guess u have to be a racer to understand.

01-08-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Extremeracer167
stupid WV rednecks were riding there 89TRX200s around with a 6-pack rack and there sister/gilrfriend on the back

For the last time,,,I don't own a 89trx200 and it really is my girl..so quit bringin it up..:eek: :devil

jesshamner
01-08-2003, 10:47 PM
I don't race but I know how you guys feel. I totally understand the stupid people at these races. This past Ironman was the first quad race that I had ever seen. I had no idea that people could bring their own quads and ride around. I thought it was a good idea so you could get to other sections of the track to see your favorite riders again. The only problem is, we were too slow to get around the track to see you people race. Now that I see your angle, I have to agree about the public having quads at the races. It is a scare for racers and a hazard for everyone else. I guess I will have to get there early and walk around or enter the race. See you all in Sparta! Let me know your names and racing numbers so I can cheer for ya.

Ben
01-09-2003, 04:19 AM
Extremeracer - did those rednecks have a WV license plate on their quad? :rolleyes:

01-09-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by jesshamner
See you all in Sparta! Let me know your names and racing numbers so I can cheer for ya.

Just find the big white enclosed trailer with The Quadshop real big on the side..you'll meet a few of us there..:D

I'll be easy to find on the track...just look for the jackazz holdin everybody up.:o

bradley300
01-09-2003, 08:45 AM
you would love the sparta race! tight, rough and LOTS of up and downhills.

chavez
01-09-2003, 09:02 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rico
[B]

Just find the big white enclosed trailer with The Quadshop real big on the side..you'll meet a few of us there..:D

i shouldnt be to far away look for THE FAT MAN AND THE MEXICAN on the side of the trailor

Extremeracer167
01-09-2003, 09:49 AM
Ben, u arent one of those rednecks are ya?:D ;) Now that i think about it, it was a 300EX and yes it did have a license plate.........OMG it did say BEN on it to, LMAO! Just playin. But that was at the hardrock race, smack dab in the middle of the WV ghetto, lol;)

Ben
01-09-2003, 09:53 AM
I was just playing with you man :p But I have seen my share of Pennsylvania rednecks too ;) We won't go into talking about those Kentucky boys!

Extremeracer167
01-09-2003, 09:56 AM
HAHA LMAO! Yeah and ppl talk about PA and WV rednecks! They are all slow too! Ballance, Jones, and then u get to Rico and Jeff:rolleyes: ;)