PDA

View Full Version : Atv Fourplay Soft Bars

bigd's ex
07-23-2009, 09:12 AM
Finally got to ride with the soft bars yesterday, & I can honestly say that I really like them. Although I have never ridden with any type of flex bars, it did,nt take me long to get used to the different feel of them. I did however have to adjust them to make them stiffer because they came a little to soft for me, which only took 1/2 turn of an allen head screw on each side of the bars to stiffen them up. I really like that feature. They also have grease fitting to lube them to keep them from seizing up at the pivot points. All in all I think these are good bars & only time well tell how durable they are. I would recommend these bars to anyone

procircuit406ex
07-23-2009, 05:18 PM
i switched to these after flexx bars, im not too sure if i like them any better. time will tell lol but yes the quality is nice

bigd's ex
07-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by hondarider11
I had mine on for one mx race and hated them so I took them off. I am sure they would be nice for woods/xc though. Glad you like them donnie.

Thanks, They sure do have a funny feel to them especially if you have never rode with them before, but after I got them dialed in & figured out to not put the "Death" grip on them, to not ride with stiff arms & tight grip & just flow with them they feel much better ( if that makes any sense ) lol.

rooster300ex
07-24-2009, 08:31 AM
How do them kind of bars acutally function? Just curious

Colby@C&DRacing
07-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Great product I love mine

bigd's ex
07-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by rooster300ex
How do them kind of bars acutally function? Just curious

Here's the link to Atv FourPlay, it explains them better than I can. lol
And BTW, I mounted mine on a stock 400ex steering stem. Just had to shim them a little.

http://www.atvfourplay.com/New%20Products%20-%20Soft%20Bars.htm

T@AFP
07-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by hondarider11
I had mine on for one mx race and hated them so I took them off. I am sure they would be nice for woods/xc though. Glad you like them donnie.

Sorry to hear you didn't like them.
Can you tell us why you didn't like them?
We as a manufacturer need to know the feedback.
Good or bad we need to know.

We are starting to see more and more of them in the GNC and GNCC and the riders seem to really like them.
I saw two sets last weekend in Pro Am at Pleasure Valley.

Thanks,
Tom @ATV Four Play

procircuit406ex
07-29-2009, 10:20 PM
traded mine tonight for another set of flexx's, they are just too tall on my stem

gpd005
07-30-2009, 12:01 PM
I have ran flexx bars for three years and i'm done with them. I picked up a set of soft bars and i'm much happier with them. The grease zerks are a great idea and the adjustablility of the bars are better than anything else out there. I contacted ATV Four Play yesterday and got a quick response and some great customer service. I recommend these bars to everyone now. Great product!!!!!

procircuit406ex
07-30-2009, 01:51 PM
yeah I really liked how you could grease these, they were just too tall for my liking. awesome product though. Garon you still got your HLS? I cant beleive I traded mine:(

gpd005
07-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Oh yeah, i got the new upgrade done to them and had them serviced and they are better than ever. What did you end up getting to replace them?

As for the softbars, i hate to hear you didn't like them, they are one of the best things i've put on my bike. I love the extra room on bars for my kill swith, starter button, powermadd's, etc. etc. etc.

procircuit406ex
07-30-2009, 08:31 PM
I traded my HLS and my Irazrs for a set of stock 450 shocks, a set of fully adjustable axis, a set of 6ply Razrs, and a WER stabilizer. Yeah I love the extra room they had, made it alot easier for mounting controls

woodsracer144
08-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by T@AFP
Sorry to hear you didn't like them.
Can you tell us why you didn't like them?
We as a manufacturer need to know the feedback.
Good or bad we need to know.

We are starting to see more and more of them in the GNC and GNCC and the riders seem to really like them.
I saw two sets last weekend in Pro Am at Pleasure Valley.

Thanks,
Tom @ATV Four Play

hey tom why did you make a G2? what is the pros with these bars over others... have any better pics with how they work...

T@AFP
08-24-2009, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
hey tom why did you make a G2? what is the pros with these bars over others... have any better pics with how they work...

The reason for the G-2 is.
Initially we were having some of the pieces made from cast aluminum. Thinking it would be easier to manufacture= less expensive. Yeh...that didn't work out because there was still a ton of machining that had to be done. Since, we had so much to machine we decided to just make them out of full billet.
Then like any product we learned a few more things while testing. We moved the absorber in a different location to give you a even more plusher feel. We changed the tubing properties and a couple other significant traits.
In fact we are making some other change because of things we learned over the 2009 season. We feel that any product can be improved and should be.
In regards to your question about the pros with these versus others. If you tried them I beleive you'd see why some people prefer the Soft Bars.

We appreciate your interest in our products.

woodsracer144
08-24-2009, 09:32 AM
have any demos in WI or MN with them? I.E. haydays in forestlake?

T@AFP
08-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Not really a demo. But we have customers up there. Not sure what the haydays are.

Blizzard24
08-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Tom, are the G2's machined deeper in the tubes where the grips go to accomodate the inserts for Powermadd Wraps? My buddy has the G1's and the insert wil not fit deep enough in the ends to mount the powermadd wraps.

Please let me know s I can pass this on to him.

T@AFP
08-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Yes that is one of the other changes we made. They will be machined deeper by 1/2" with a thinner wall.
But tell your friend that if he uses the rubber hose adapter that Power Madd supplies. He will be able to use his guards.

Thanks,
Tom