PDA

View Full Version : Big gun vs hmf full exhaust for 2004 400ex

rocket_22
07-22-2009, 08:52 PM
I would like to know what you guys think big gun full exhaust or hmf full exhaust. If you have experince with both exhaust please let me know and which one you thought was better. I have heard so many different things i just want to get a thread started between the two and talley it up. Thanks

matt14c
07-23-2009, 07:43 AM
I have the big gun race there older models not made any more and love it. Power increase was noticable when put on and had a great sound. Never had it dyno'd so no real numbers but I was very happy. Alot of others around me had the White Brothers and mine outperformed and sounded alot better than those.
Alot of people on here swear by either the HMF or Curtis sparks so your going to see a TON of responses for them. But I have never used them or needed to because of the peformance of my Big Gun!

aDviSol2y
07-23-2009, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by matt14c
I have the big gun race there older models not made any more and love it. Power increase was noticable when put on and had a great sound. Never had it dyno'd so no real numbers but I was very happy. Alot of others around me had the White Brothers and mine outperformed and sounded alot better than those.
Alot of people on here swear by either the HMF or Curtis sparks so your going to see a TON of responses for them. But I have never used them or needed to because of the peformance of my Big Gun!

I have the same Old School Race addition, and I second everything you said!

rocket_22
07-23-2009, 09:02 AM
thanks guys you know anything about the new evo's?

aDviSol2y
07-23-2009, 09:49 AM
I tried to get some specs off their website but its messed up. I was just on it the other day and it was fine but now It's like cracked out or something. But I imagine the new evo's are just as good if not better than the Race model. I know you can get the evo's in carbon fiber which would be sick. I'm curious now so Im going to google and see if there are any new comparisons. Ill let you know what I find.

aDviSol2y
07-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Go to this site. It is a comparison of the pipes for a 400ex. Its kinda old but can give you an idea. The site will not show the stats for some reason on my comp though. keeps giving me an error on page. Maybe it will on yours. It still has the reviews though.

http://www.atvsport.com/output.cfm?id=30961

rocket_22
07-23-2009, 12:12 PM
alright thanks