PDA

View Full Version : wtf is wrong?..

quadsport_rider
07-22-2009, 07:47 PM
so from replies on here, I have done everything that the links said for the timing, lining the intake and the exhuast cams on the # 3 and #2 marks with 14 cam link pins between. When i put it back together and try to fire it up it doesnt? any suggestions? theres spark, it's getting gas wats wrong?..plz help and thanks in advance...

cataway
07-22-2009, 08:22 PM
were did you get that info

quadsport_rider
07-26-2009, 12:42 PM
hey..
i wrote another thread asking the simular questions and someone had told me how to line up the cams, they posted a link to suzuki central and someone had posted a picture of there top end before they ripped it apart and i set mine exactly the same with 14 cam chain pins apart and it didnt run, wat could it be?thanks in advance.

cataway
07-26-2009, 01:05 PM
if your working with stock cams its 15 pins
if its hotcams then its 14 1/2 pins

quadsport_rider
07-26-2009, 01:26 PM
my mistake 15, and once this is all done and set up back together it should run right?..what else could it be..it hasnt ran in a while now and im pretty sure my choke cable isnt working right.. what else could it be and why isnt it running?

cataway
07-26-2009, 01:52 PM
if the timing is right ,if there is spark , if there is compression, if there is gas/air getting in to the cylinder then yes it should run .
assuming the timing is right and there spark ,then is gas getting into the cylinder ? is the plug wet ?

i my self have had to put some thing like a small rubber ball at the intake side of the carb ,and turn the engine over , this inefect
pulled gas though the carb because of the increased vacume .