PDA

View Full Version : If money were no object.......

dericsdad
07-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Not sure if a thread like this was ever started but her it goes.

Lets say you just won the lottery...

And you wanted to build your kid the best handling fasted funnest mini quad money could buy to help your 11 year old
make a run at next years 90cc cvt National ATVMX championship...

1) What Brand bike would you build?

2) What shocks would you use?

3) Which Arm's and Swinger?

4) Who would you have build the engine/or What Componants would you use?

5)What pipe would you buy?

And....................

Most including myself wish to do it all ourselfs, so we would probably be flying all over the country all winter just to gather all the best componants and advice we could get!!!

Just imagine......

:D :D

Team-Ty
07-22-2009, 07:35 PM
Quad: DRR

Engine: Tommy Alley would build it with 2fast kit and my crank

Swing arm: Mine

A-Arms: Mine

Shocks: Fox Floats (lighter) or Exit

Pipe: Tommy Alley (if he has time)

Axle: Titanium go kart

Clutching: Mine (Malossi overdrive rear)

To be honest, if money was no object and I had the time I would build the bike from scratch minus the frame and engine block since that cannot be changed. LOL!

My son’s bike, soon as he turns 6 which is next year will be totally custom (I machine all my own parts). I plan on building it over the winter in-between snowmobiling so when I start I will post my progress. I have the ideas just need to start making the parts and building. LOL! alot easier than it sounds. (50cc Production bike)

Logan #34's Dad
07-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Quad: DRR

Engine: Malossi Big Bore or 2Fast

Pipe: Hotquads

A-Arms: DC

Swingarm: Aluminum one from D.S. Mods

Shocks: Elka - but Fox is at the Nationals for support

Clutching: Malossi overrange rear, Dr. Pulley front :devil:
Dr. Pulley hit clutch,

Axle: RPM Dominator with D.S. Mods rear hubs! (Come on do it!)

mini racer #39
07-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Anything with DC Motorsports suspension and a WRH Racing Engine....

zach R 7x
07-23-2009, 04:35 AM
quad.- drr, we like the apex ,but arsfx doesn't make suspension for it yet ,so we will stay with the drr

suspension -arsfx with exit shocks or the new snyder Lt suspension with exit shocks .

motor-90cc 2fast built by sms or the 70cc new bidlow cyl with the molasi crank,

if we won the lottery i would run Zach in 70 and 90 classes he will still be eligible next year.

pipe- new team snyder pipe that Braden Guyer got a 1st and a 3rd on at pleasure valley.

handle bars -atv four play soft bars

clutchs- anything that will put the power to the ground and not burn up my belt!!!!

axle -rpm dominator

marsrace2
07-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Quad- Apex
Suspension-Custom built by Rath and Motowoz for TT Racing
Engine- 2 fast kit on motor built by Trackside with Trackside pipe
Clutching- Stage 6

wvspeedfreak
07-23-2009, 07:36 PM
I would buy one of those China quads from Pep Boys and put a small block Chevy in it.....................with DC suspension.

dericsdad
07-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Ha Ha Ha........

That would be really cool, But this thread is for what you would build for your kid, not for you!

Would be fun though, you could park it next to your chopper with the Big Block Chev in it!

:devil:

wvspeedfreak
07-24-2009, 04:44 AM
Sorry,I got caught up in the thought of winning the lottery :D :p

dblacks
07-24-2009, 10:58 AM
many of the stuff listed is what many already run

If Money was no object, Id buy a nascar team, put drew in a Developmental car in one of the lower series and get the F%$^ away from CVT Quads. LOL

etondaddy
07-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Yea Kyle allways wanted to go bandalero racing at Lowes Motor speedway..........that's were we'll be

Mike Kozura

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8biNh61-BkY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8biNh61-BkY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mini racer #39
07-25-2009, 02:30 PM
I think I would just save the time and effort and just buy Hunter Harper's quad...since it's FOR SALE...Thats a proven winner........:D

ward27
07-25-2009, 06:53 PM
i would hire i teacher for my kid and move to flordia for the winter . the quad is only half of a national title you need a kid that rides like hunter or zach . money doesnt win titles trust me i know . train,train,train thats what whens titles .With the right equipment of course!!!!!!!!

dericsdad
07-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Excellent input! With that much money you coulc afford to do nothing but train and build quads though!!

You could build 2 or 3 national level minis!

Why buy someones last years mini though?

It's more fun to build one yourself. And last years technology might not be as good as next years...

edwardsp&b
07-27-2009, 09:42 AM
after what i saw this weekend, besides going with drr and dc stuff
i would go with a 2fast kit, (with the HOTQUADS touch) it reminded me of the 250r's. very nasty!! pulling front wheels everytime he hit the gas!
bryan

nordic quad
07-27-2009, 02:43 PM
1.Apex

2.Custom Øhlins

3.Custom chromolly

4.Stage 6 R/T built by Cristofolini +backup motor.

http://www.stage6.fr/catalog/stage6-02--cylinder-kit-rt-45-0.html

http://www.speedoptions.no/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_32_327_328&products_id=1304

5.Pipe hmm maybe custom WRH or Profile performance.

6.Build our own indoor MX track to train all year long.