PDA

View Full Version : To Sell, or Not To Sell...

siberthugd
01-07-2003, 10:57 PM
Hey people... I have a question for ya... I have a 2002 Honda 250EX with a ton of mods, everything except a bore. My girlfriend bought it for me as a gift (she's definitely a KEEPER). I love the quad but I am kinda big for it (6'1" tall, 230 LBS). It hauls my fat @$$ around good through the trails but on the hill climbs it does me no justice (I mostly ride trails though). I also just got picked up by a motorcycle stunt team to perform with them at shows and the fact that I don't have a clutch enables me to do some tight tricks. Here's my question to everyone, and I'm just looking for an opinion:

- Should I sell to buy a bigger bike (if I do, I have to give half of what I get for it to my girlfriend... those were her rules when she bought it). If do sell it, I gotta take half and start saving again. Saving for me is hard to do, so it could be a lengthy time without a bike.
**OR**

-Should I keep the smaller bike and put some more money into it? Bore it out (does anyone know how well the PowRoll 2mm Bore kit performs, and if it makes a big enough difference on my bike?) , port and polish, cut the fenders (race cut), suspension, etc.

*What would you do if you were in my riding boots?*

JOEX
01-07-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by siberthugd

*What would you do if you were in my riding boots?*
You're girlfriend:devil

Seriously though, it depends on how serious you are about riding.
You seem pretty big for a 250...Maybe keep the 250 for the stunt team and save for a larger everyday ride.

Joe

Sportrax10
01-08-2003, 04:55 AM
I say you start saving now and keep the 250ex so you can still ride. Once you have enough money to get the bigger quad then sell it.

killed300ex
01-08-2003, 05:00 AM
from the sounds of your 250 you could prolly get like 3000 so thats 1500 right there you have for your other quad then if you save 2000 you can go out and buy a used 400 and really do it up with the motocycles.
killed

siberthugd
01-08-2003, 10:40 PM
well, thanks for the replies.. looks like I'm gonna keep it for a while... just ordered $600 worth of parts today... :D