PDA

View Full Version : Fuel System Issue

jayjie15
07-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Alright so I finally got the electrical straigthened out on my hunk of sh*t. It is a 1993 300ex. I get spark beautifully and it did run for a little while the other day. I purchased a new battery and put the plastics back on thinking everything was good to go and it was not. Of course it doesn't start now. Still getting spark but it doesn't seem to be getting fuel. Yes, the gas is turned on and when I hit it with the starting fluid through the airbox it runs off the fluid then dies. My friend did mess with the carb cleaning it and adjusting it before. I guess I am asking what else it could be or the correct jetting for a stock 300ex with no engine mods. I just want to get this thing running so I can get rid of it. It has been so much of a headache. Thanks in advance.

BM@Ronayers
07-22-2009, 11:57 AM
About four threads down from this one is a free downloadable 300ex service manual I posted. It will show you the correct jetting and help troubleshoot anything else.

m0t0xk1d
07-22-2009, 01:00 PM
check the slow jet! my would start with fluid and die when it was all burned up. cleaned the whole carb and still no fire. i took a look at the slow jet and there was the problem i cleaned and it fire right up like a beauty