PDA

View Full Version : best exhaust for 08 yfz

Porkchop
07-21-2009, 09:09 PM
i just bought a new 08 yfz and wanted to buy an exhaust and wanted to know if anyone knew what the best was with horsepower and everything.

Pack
07-21-2009, 11:46 PM
I have a GYTR on my '07, and I'm very happy with it.

Ride1Rob
07-22-2009, 06:53 AM
I think the Rossier from your Honda is a direct fit. Seen it done before. Asking what the best pipe is isn't going to give u anything other than biased opinions. Dasa, Rossier, Sparks, HMF, Duncan, GYTR, and many more are all good exhaust for any bike.

yfzrider690
07-22-2009, 08:10 AM
I agree with rob. Most of the exhausts are good and are pretty close in power increase. I have a yoshi rs-7 and my brother has a dasa and I can't really tell much of a difference. I weigh about 40 pounds more than he does and he can barely pull me. You should be happy with whatever choice you make. Get the one that you like.

proctorbc2005
07-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Just put a TC Supertrapp on my bike (after I removed a Yoshi), and I noticed a diffrence, espically in low end, and it is reeeeeeeal loud.

But exhaust depends on your budget, if you look at dyno charts, most aftermarket exhausts perform within a few hp of eachother. So go with what you can afford.

quadboy-55
07-23-2009, 12:20 AM
like a few have already said, they are all good, and buy within youre budget, but also use common sence and dont get a drag pipe for trials or MX. also, see if sound matters to you, if there is a limet you must follow, look into a quieter pipe like the HMF QRS or FMF. if loud is o-k, then by all means, go Sparks or Trinity. and if you got money to blow, wrap it in carbon and get the end cap anodised.

Ride1Rob
07-23-2009, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by proctorbc2005
But exhaust depends on your budget, if you look at dyno charts, most aftermarket exhausts perform within a few hp of eachother.

More like 1-2 hp difference among the good ones. Most are in the ball park of .5 hp from each other. It's mostly about what you like and cost.

YFZLOVER07
10-08-2009, 07:56 PM
i would say get a dasa but if u want another good one get a weaponMX pipe it is a very nice sounding pipe and looks awsome

quadboy-55
10-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by YFZLOVER07
i would say get a dasa but if u want another good one get a weaponMX pipe it is a very nice sounding pipe and looks awsome

i wouldnt do Weapon MX.

cosinostra
10-10-2009, 01:54 PM
I have the CT Racing pipe. Very noticeable low end increase.. Good qaulity and tunable disc system or turn down tip.
Only real problem is Allen Knowles is kinda hard to deal with. Don't expect him to bend over backwards to help you. He is always busy with someone else..... Good products though if you can handle the attitude.

REEDracing94
10-10-2009, 06:53 PM
stats
http://yfz450.theatvchannel.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=92996

i have a yoshi trc comp series and my dad has a jardine rt-4 and you cant feel much diffrence besides sound