PDA

View Full Version : It finally happened, and it ruined the plastics!!!

KP's lil'300
01-07-2003, 08:54 PM
Well it Finally Happened...

My brothers Raptor finally went rubber up. He was sliding around a corner, did a wheelie then went on one wheel, then rolled over. Needless to say, the junk Yamaha Plastic is creased in a couple of places. Does anyone know how to get rid of the lighter colored creases in the plastic. It was blue, now it is blue with white and light blue lines on the right side fenders. I have heard of heating the plastics or using different oils, is there anything that works to make it less noticeable. Oh well, does anyone know how much a set of Fullbores are? At least it didn't break anything...

Thanks in advance

KP

bradley300
01-07-2003, 09:15 PM
go at 'er with a heat gun,, they dissapear COMPLETLY

Nausty
01-07-2003, 10:30 PM
what he said, but a full set of full bore will run you around $500:eek:

d-14 rider 27
01-13-2003, 09:01 PM
fullbore gets nast creases too, but same deal, heat gun, or torch (CEREFULLY)

Nausty
01-13-2003, 10:39 PM
or you can do like me and cut your fenders so you really don't have to worry about it:eek: I don't ride in mud though.

01-13-2003, 11:52 PM
Funny thing how much worse the yamaha blue is with the white lines etc than the blk and white.

If he is never ever gonna roll it again (doubt it LOL) go spend some green but if your thinking its a tippy ole craptor then its makes more sense to try heating it, it does work but can get screwedup if you get it too hot or dont let each little section cool down etc.

killed300ex
01-14-2003, 05:20 AM
yea just heat it up and they disapear yea its better than me i was jumping my wheeler into about 2 feet of snow then jumping off the back to push it out and damn thing stalled once and my foot landed on my plastic and took of 1 cornor of it. It was like -10 out. So the plastic was realy britle Here a pic of the fix it job
killed

muff
01-14-2003, 02:13 PM
if i were you i'd stretch and bend the rest of the plastic out so it'll all end up bein whiteish, that way when it flips again no one will know