PDA

View Full Version : Is the '06+ Carb or CRF carb worth it...

Butter
07-21-2009, 08:27 PM
I've seen it being talked about alot on here, but never really paid attention, until the accelerator pump went bad in my race bike carb (stock '05) so now asking what is needed, is it a great difference, and I imagine it would have to be off a kicker '06+ going on my '05. I don't feel like my bike is lacking anything, its already got a Rossier head (port and polish, valves. cam, whatever they run), Rossier full exhaust, ProDesign intake with K&N, and it runs great. Just asking if it would be better to invest in making it even faster, or just fix the problem. LMK. Thanks in advance.

Butter
07-21-2009, 08:35 PM
So do you ride with it now, or have you ridden one with the carb?

pro-rider46
07-21-2009, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by hondarider11
I have ridden one and it makes a huge difference in throttle response and adds power. Get one from a 07 crf or a 06+450r with a kickstart and you will need the $75 noss adapter. You might as well send it to dasa and have them to bore it out or else it wouldn't be worth it. You will add throttle response but no where near what you can get with boring it out.

i only have a 40mm of a 07, and it didnt even feel like the same quad, its night and day difference. i am so glad i did it, but i am thinking about selling it if anyone would be interested...

Butter
07-21-2009, 09:34 PM
So this is an '07 CRF carb? How Much? Really debating right now cause I took the carb off my practice bike and put it on my race bike for the weekend, but I need to practice bike for a quad wars show next weekend, so I need a quick fix and really can't find a good deal on an '06+ carb.

Ruf Racing
07-22-2009, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Butter [/i
I don't feel like my bike is lacking anything,

You are lacking something. You put a bored FCR on, you will
need to put on an adult diaper. You will soil yourself. :eek2:

eastside 400
07-22-2009, 04:05 PM
yo brett, it is def. worth doing the swap, i have FCR's on both my bikes and it helps with stock and built motors, i have CRF carbs on mine, you can usually find CRF carbs easier and cheaper then 06+ trx carbs, if you dont wanna spend the money on the adapter you can also just use 06+ airboxes and airfilters, the 06+ airfilter is like 2x the size of 05 and works alot better. if you get an FCR and wanna make it really good send it to MBR(mad brothers racing) here in PA, they did my racebike carb and it was night and day from the stock fcr even, they bored and polished it and then did a bunch of mods and it runs really smooth and starts like 1-2 kicks no matter what.

Butter
07-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Yo Chris, thanks bro. Was looking for some serious advice. The guy above "pro-rider46" has a good deal going, so pretty sure I'm getting one on there. Riding at Atco this weekend for the first time since I destroyed myself at Dutchman in April (broken arm, tendons, nerves, and 4 missing teeth) so had to put my practice bike carb on there for now, and even that's a night and day difference from a non-working accelerator pump. Hope your season is going well. Thanks again.

sparks 450
07-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Butter
I've seen it being talked about alot on here, but never really paid attention, until the accelerator pump went bad in my race bike carb (stock '05) so now asking what is needed, is it a great difference, and I imagine it would have to be off a kicker '06+ going on my '05. I don't feel like my bike is lacking anything, its already got a Rossier head (port and polish, valves. cam, whatever they run), Rossier full exhaust, ProDesign intake with K&N, and it runs great. Just asking if it would be better to invest in making it even faster, or just fix the problem. LMK. Thanks in advance. I bought a curtis sparks 41 fcr it makes a huge difference. well worth the money, do it you will not be sorry.I have a 04 trx 450.