PDA

View Full Version : Trackside Pipe on the 90 LT ???

FISH ON!
07-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Does anybody have the Trackside pipe on a Apex 90 LT- XC ? I should have thought about it earlier but eye-balling my new Trackside pipe it looks like the Aluminum airbox on the '09 XC model will interfere. I won't get a chance to work onit until Friday so I was wondering if someone knows whether or not I'm wasting my time.

marsrace2
07-23-2009, 09:42 AM
I dont believe it will work with that intake, I know the pipe was designed around a quad with the standard forward intake and carb. I know that Apex has had returns on the performance pipe they sell because it wouldnt work on the GNC version.

EJ Racing 07
08-01-2009, 08:02 PM
I run that pipe and I informed Greg about the air box change. To my knowledge I don't think there is a pipe out there that will fit and it will be hard to design one around it. My opinion its a nice idea for wet conditions but other then that the first thing I would do if it mine is take it off put it the parts bin and put the Koso front facing intake like the earlier models have, that way you have the best of both worlds

FISH ON!
08-02-2009, 07:30 PM
yeah, I didn't do my homework ahead of time. Got interested in that pipe and now I have one sitting among my other parts that I never use.

We need the bike capable of woods racing and MX. The front intake gets swamped too much at the GNCC races unless you invest in duct tape and gatorade bottles. With the aluminum box there's nothing you need to do.... at least it works well for us. The stock exhaust is not all that bad.

Todd

EJ Racing 07
08-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Duct tape is a beautiful thing! If we run wet I run a plastic paint cup for measuring that you can get at any auto parts store that sells auto paint. Just put it over top drill a hole through the bottom of the cup and air filter (if your running K&N) then run a 1/8 inch bolt through it...with thread locker of course. There is plenty of room around it for air and if you tilt up the filter no water gets up there. Cause to have that pipe just laying in the parts bin....well you'll be happy once its on, stock pipe don't come close

FISH ON!
08-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Send me a PIC of that filter arrangement if you have one. Thanks.

EJ Racing 07
08-03-2009, 07:06 PM
I will get one to you shortly, don't have one right now