PDA

View Full Version : How can I contact ANYONE!!!! WTF

TRXman86
07-21-2009, 10:37 AM
I have looked high and low for ANY contact numbers to someone in in charge of the EDT series, if anyone has an e-mail address, phone number, or ANYTHING, please let me know!!! There is a race Aug. 29th or 30th near me and I plan on going, just need to know a TON of stuff before I fully commit.

I know this aint in the right spot, but I can't post it in the EDT section... not a mod :P

yellowzo3
07-21-2009, 11:16 AM
http://home.ama-cycle.org/raceresults/typeindex.asp?s=47&year=2009

theres a link to the list of races and email addresses of each track. on the bottom right of the page you can check out the rules if thats what your concerned about

TRXman86
07-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Round 5: Aug. 29 2009
Taylorville, Ill.
South Fork Dirt Riders
(217) 237-4752
rrgetmuddy@aol.com
www.southforkdirtriders.com

I tried rrgetmuddy email but its not valid. The phone is the one to the track. Anytime ya call no body there knows anything about what is going on. There has to be another way. Higher up, one person, always is...

But thanks!!!

yellowzo3
07-21-2009, 11:27 AM
hmm crap lol ill keep checking hopefully we can find something... but yeah i couldn't find any section or anything dedicated to the edt nationals

yellowzo3
07-21-2009, 11:31 AM
check out their website... go to the bottom of the page and you can email the track. its not the same email we found. you can also check the track rules if you click the link in the sidebar. for racing questions use this link...

http://www.southforkdirtriders.com/MX2008/Racing%20Questions.htm

it says to contact jamie black... maybe hes in charge of all the scheduled quad races there and has an idea of whats going on or can forward you to someone who does.

**Edit- the track rules are pretty much just standard rules of the park. what exactly are you trying to find out?

TRXman86
07-21-2009, 11:32 AM
I have looked all over and still get the same info that you posted up (same stuff I copied and pasted). I wish there was ONE good place to get all the info. In stock car racing, we have a "black book" of every track nationwide with up to date contact info, from the smallest tracks to Daytona. ATV/MC racing needs one also...

edit:
Jamie Black is all for the MX portion last I heard. But I will try him!!! I forgot about him :D

TRXman86
07-21-2009, 11:41 AM
i shot an e-mail to Leroy, let's see if he bites :D I have e-mailed him before and got no response. That is a nice place to ride, but ran horrible... They have lost tons of ATV riders cause of their "devotion" to bikes. Check out their results page from the first/second race, to the last race. Then look at the points page :D

yellowzo3
07-21-2009, 12:06 PM
omg lol whats up with the one person per class in some cases? the bike gates are loaded but yeah the quads have only a handful... c class is decent at best but looks like some riders raced once and never returned. i didn't even know there were that many classes for bikes! the quads have what like 5 classes and a BUNCH of them are like 3 riders max haha...

June 21st race: A Class
Riders- 1
moto 1 - DNF
moto 2 - DNS
Points- 40 !!!!!!

Looks like all you had to do there was sign up to get points! haha

Kendall33
07-21-2009, 02:54 PM
TRXMAN, My name is Kendall I race all the EDT Nationals in the Pro class, currently 3rd in points. I know what you mean about having trouble finding info on the EDT, it's sad. If you have any questions PM me and I'll give you my dads number, he can tell you anything and everything you need to know about EDT, and if he doesn't know he'll give you the number to get the info. Hope you find what you need.

Edit- also on the title of the thread- I was just scrollin through and looking at random posts, but if your title had to do with EDT that would help a little :blah:

TRXman86
07-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Edit- also on the title of the thread- I was just scrollin through and looking at random posts, but if your title had to do with EDT that would help a little :blah: [/B]

Very true :D I didn't really think of it I guess. I'll shoot ya a PM... THANKS!!

As far as the quads at SFDR go, the reason that 99% of us don't return for any races, Most all of us sign up from as soon as the doors open, till around 8. The bikes always ran their first moto, then us for practice and our moto1 right after pracice. One day, they made us sit till the very end of the bike races. hell everyone had packed up and left! I dont care about who watches our races, but I mean the lot was totally EMPTY! We raced at 5:30 for practice, moto 1 was 15 minutes later, then a straight turn around for moto 2. We all sat on the line and decided NEVER to return. And if you did, all you were doing was trophy hunting to make it loo good for sponsors. I never finished out of the top 4 there. But it wasnt worth me sitting all day and half the night, when I had a 4 hour drive home. Some had longer then that. We spoke our mind, and it stuck. i am pretty glad to see that most all of us stuck to our guns. The bikes took over, leroy harris and company made sure of that... That track DIED after the WPSA went bottoms up... shame... it used to be fun, now its a burdon to even call them...

yellowzo3
07-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Thats a shame for sure, but im glad to see the riders stuck together and haven't brought back much business to them. Just because people are into 4 wheels instead of 2 doesn't mean they should get thrown to the wolves. Don't feel bad man, you're not alone. Around here we have Englishtown (New Jersey), and around the time when the WPSA series was going strong there was practice every Sunday and it was PACKED for the WPSA weekend. And just like you said, after the WPSA they basically closed their doors to quads and now there are 2 races a year with practice only the day before the race. Bikes, of course, have practice during the week and weekend and races throughout the year.

Well, hopefully Kendall can help you out with everything! and yeah i didnt think about it either but a different thread title might have helped haha :p

TRXman86
07-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Last word I heard was that they (SFDR) was going to build a quad only track. However, they have only a few 1 foot take off's and nothing else. No layout, track markers, nothing! It's just a bogus crap story. Their loss. ATV's used to put on some of the best races there.

Wanna hear a funny story, the day we all agreed NOT to go anymore, they offered every quad rider a pop-sicle as their appology for making us sit in the heat all day. I told them to shove it where the sun don't shine and cool down with it :D I hate being a bad guy, but times call for it. I wouldn't even be going to the EDT show, but I want to try to get my name out there. Only way to do it is show what I can do. I'm giving up MX this year to do FT/TT all year next season. Hope it won't be for nothing...

yellowzo3
07-22-2009, 02:54 PM
LMAO a popsicle ahahahaha... what a joke, they ruined it for themselves though. yeah it sucks that you have to go back there lol but if you wanna ride you gotta do whatcha gotta do :ermm:

TRXman86
07-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Ryan, All i can tell you is to call Roy Reed @ 417-683-1667. Thanks

That's the e-mail I got from Leroy. Sounds real enthused to have riders show up don't he? BUT, it's better then nothing. Kendal helped a ton also!

THANKS!!! later :D