PDA

View Full Version : how to strap the front

debo
07-21-2009, 07:28 AM
im goin to the track with some banshees this weekend an a need to strap down the front to bottom out the shocks. the back isnt a problem just take the skid plate off an strap it down from the grab bar but where on the front can a strap it or do i even need to thanx

fastredrider44
07-21-2009, 09:11 AM
You DO NOT need to bottom out the shocks. If you are strapping it to a trailor sideways, I run straps from the foot pegs back, and from the cross members in the frame beneath the radiator to the front. That way it can't roll one way or the other.

Scro
07-21-2009, 09:17 AM
Are you talking about strapping it for transport or drag racing? If you are talking about dragging, you can hook the strap hooks on the upper balljoints and run it through the frame. It's easier to do with someone standing on the bumper. I did this way back when I first got mine, for asphault drags. I found it best if you don't just slam it to the ground. I had my arms parallel to the ground.

The rear you just have to play with. I always had my rear just a little higher than the front.

debo
07-21-2009, 09:48 AM
yea its for drag but yea im just tryin to get them down some ya know not bottomed all the way but i also plan to run the back a little higher but thanx

fastredrider44
07-22-2009, 08:03 AM
Boy, I feel smart now.

Scro
07-22-2009, 09:04 AM
I was thinking the same thing the first time I read it.

pro-rider46
07-22-2009, 12:34 PM
if i was you i would just put my nuts on the tank and hang on. i am not a fan of strapped down front ends because they are dangerous. but its up you... i did alright for leaving it stock and leaning forward and feathering the clutch

Scro
07-22-2009, 02:04 PM
I picked up .2 in the 1/8 mile after I strapped it. I agree, it's not the safest setup. But for someone that isn't totally commited to drag racing, it's cheap and it helps quite a bit.

rollie
07-24-2009, 09:30 PM
I would go get some square steel and cut it down to the size of the stock shocks bottomed out and drill 2 holes in it, might as well dothe same for the rear, BAM instant drag quad