PDA

View Full Version : Intake Question with picture

jakiesdad
07-20-2009, 10:38 PM
Just put our Athena 70 kit on and noticed the open nozzle on our intake. I think that was attached to our oil injection that was taken apart. So should I just put the hose back into the injection plate, or should I just block it off at the nozzle. I did notice that when I stuck my finger up to it and plugged it the motor would slow down on the rpm. Any advice appreciated and thanxs in advance.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/jakiesdad/IMG_2740.jpg

BradLoomis
07-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Cap it off with a rubber cap and zip tie or silicone it on. That is a huge vacuum leak tha will lean out the engine and blow a piston, if Jake loses it in a race.

jakiesdad
07-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Thanxs Brad. Don't want to loose another piston or cylinder. Lost our 60 kit on the Cobra when the water pump and seal went TO at Straddleline on Saturday.

Logan #34's Dad
07-21-2009, 03:38 AM
Good Ole' JB Weld will do the trick.
You could hook up the NOS! LOL

vindell
07-21-2009, 06:58 AM
If I'm not mistaken, that's where the boost bottle would connect to.

thequadfather+2
07-21-2009, 09:19 AM
"If I'm not mistaken, that's where the boost bottle would connect to."

No, it's def oil injection. Normally the hose coming from the oil pump would be attached to that. I just removed mine, I pulled that nipple and replaced with a small screw and high temp RTV. No problems at all and Works like a champ.

bulldogfallon
07-21-2009, 01:04 PM
The nipple for the injector does unscrew and you can find a screw at your local hardware store to insert.

I would make sure to use a sealant on the threads to prevent any leaks...I have even seen the other screw next to it leak without the use of sealant.

With it open you are creating a lean conditon which can be dangerous.

jakiesdad
07-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Thanxs for all the responses. Found a matching screw in my container of extra hardware and will RTV it.
Does everyone have one of those containers? I even end up going to the hardware store looking for a bolt or two and then buy multiple sizes and lengths just to add to the extra hardware. I especially like replacing the carb screws with allen head bolts.

BradLoomis
07-23-2009, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by jakiesdad
Does everyone have one of those containers?

And everyone wonders why I have a 24' trailer for one kid that races... that is all of my containers.:eek2:

hotquads1
07-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by jakiesdad
Just put our Athena 70 kit on and noticed the open nozzle on our intake. I think that was attached to our oil injection that was taken apart. So should I just put the hose back into the injection plate, or should I just block it off at the nozzle. I did notice that when I stuck my finger up to it and plugged it the motor would slow down on the rpm. Any advice appreciated and thanxs in advance.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/jakiesdad/IMG_2740.jpg
hey, jakiesdad,
what brand is that cylinder? alluminum?

jakiesdad
07-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Stage 6, I think it is made by Athena. Yes it is aluminum.
Do U see something I did wrong. Still new at this and sometimes question if I am missing something.

dblacks
07-24-2009, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by BradLoomis
And everyone wonders why I have a 24' trailer for one kid that races... that is all of my containers.:eek2:

I resemble that remark

hotquads1
07-24-2009, 06:41 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jakiesdad
Stage 6, I think it is made by Athena. Yes it is aluminum.
Do U see something I did wrong. Still new at this and sometimes question if I am missing something. [/QUOTE.

nothing looks wrong , I just thought that cylinder looked familiar, I think you will like it very much.